Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
twilightwolf
Dogsey Senior
Female 

26-01-2012, 09:00 PM
Originally Posted by Angie1966 View Post
Many years ago my ex husbands parents came to visit to see where we would be living after our marriage. I wanted to make a really good impression and show them what a good wife I would make for their son, so I made a lovely dinner for them. As we finished our dinner I noticed Abe (Irish Setter) was missing. He'd been upstairs looking for things to steal. As my prospective father in law laid down his dessert spoon Abe presented him with a tampax that he'd robbed from bathroom!
It must be a setter thing See my above post. Mines a Maremma x Irish Setter. He delights in collecting things which are grossly inappropriate in a public place and makes his owner go redder than a tomato.
Ben Mcfuzzylugs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-01-2012, 09:18 PM
I cant take Mia into P@H
everywhere else she is fine
Last time I took her a really long walk before, she peed plenty on the walk

Into P@H, she was trotting round perfectly, ignoring the small fuzzies (amazing) making friends with all the people buying dog treats
I took my eyes off her for 30s and she cocked her leg up a big bag of dog food and let go with the biggest pee!!!
Little *****
peedie
Almost a Veteran
Female 

26-01-2012, 09:34 PM
My Mum and Dad were away and my sisters friend was looking after their lab. She had her out on a walk, off lead, when Cara spotted a burger van... She tore off to the van, proceded to jump up at a policeman who was waiting beside the van, knocked his bacon roll out of his hand and ate it before they knew what happened! Ha ha! The policeman was luckily, very understanding!
Misty-Pup
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-01-2012, 09:43 PM
Hamish likes to cock his leg on expensive leather gun slips and cartridge bags belonging to the posh men that come shooting! I can't even pretend he's not mine as there's only me and one other lady with a red lab and she's walking off in the other direction with hers to heel!! It's not so bad if one of the black labs does it, there's plenty of those out on a shoot day, but you can guarentee if anyone is going to do it, it'll be Hamish!!!
marley123
Dogsey Senior
Male 

26-01-2012, 10:35 PM
were do i start, i guess we will do the doddys day to morrisons
my and OH were on a walk and called into morrisons on the way home, i told her she would have to go in cause the dogs wouldnt stay with her but she wouldnt so i was walking around keeping to myself, next thing i know marley trots round the corner and i just betend hes not mine,
i walk round the corner (with random dog that i dont know close on my heels) and cheech is doing his best scary dog impression standing over £30 worth of beef
dont you just love them
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-01-2012, 11:02 PM
Originally Posted by Misty-Pup View Post
Hamish likes to cock his leg on expensive leather gun slips and cartridge bags belonging to the posh men that come shooting! I can't even pretend he's not mine as there's only me and one other lady with a red lab and she's walking off in the other direction with hers to heel!! It's not so bad if one of the black labs does it, there's plenty of those out on a shoot day, but you can guarentee if anyone is going to do it, it'll be Hamish!!!
Now you know there is nothing wrong with dogs urinating where and when they like, it is perfectly acceptable.

I think you should adopt the Moroccan approach, remind any irate owner that urine is a method of curing leather (not sure what the disease is that it can heal though)

ROFLMAO
mac82
Dogsey Junior
Female 

26-01-2012, 11:15 PM
awww thanks for all your replies!!!!! its lovely to know they have such a sense of humour!!!!
my friend took her jrt puppy to the beach she had been teaching her to go to the toilet with training pads, the poor dog had been in the car for over 3 hours and when they got to the beach she was let off the lead, the poor dog looked round panicked and made a dive for a conveniently placed beach towel . . . .she did not do a wee. . . . . thankfully the couple to whom the towel belonged were very understanding!!!!
lore
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-01-2012, 11:42 PM
Oh my such funny stories. I've said this before but the esteemed James Herriot once said that animals will never cease to find any way possible to make a complete idiot of you (or words to that effect).

Dougal has a habit of thinking anyone who comes in is there just to cuddle him. Unfortunately this seems to extend to policemen....one day I had reported an incident and the police came round to take a statement...next thing the poor policewoman who had sat down had 3 stone of staffy giving her the big cow eyes and sitting on her knees, I was mortified and hustled Dougal into the kitchen much to the amusement of her partner.

The other one was my old Collie Ben, he LOVED to go in cars, and was over the moon if we were going anywhere and he got to come with us. Well, this particular day I had been out a walk, Ben was suitably mucky and spotted an open car door and before I could blink was in the back seat of the car. The poor owner got such a fright, and I was so embarrassed as I hauled Ben out and sent him inside. Luckily she thought it was funny and giggled about it (despite the remnants of hairy mud left by my pooch).
MerlinsMum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-01-2012, 12:47 AM
Originally Posted by smokeybear View Post
Now you know there is nothing wrong with dogs urinating where and when they like, it is perfectly acceptable.
And that response is not in any way sarcastic or refers to other current threads, of course! Whatever lights your candle I guess.
jeagibear
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

27-01-2012, 08:15 AM
Originally Posted by mac82 View Post
thought there has been alot of doom and gloom of late and i thought of funny situations dogs have got me into!!
so here is one for you!!!
a few weeks ago i was walking my parents dog on a field near by where lots of other sociable dogs hang out too, we were walking along and mikey, my parents cross breed is very well behaved when out and about with people and dogs.
i had only said this the night before (famous last words i know!!!)
we suddenly had a little wire haired fox terrier running up to us and she started flirting with mikey outrageously!!! mikey thought this was great and had a great run round with her
after a few minutes we went on our merry way when mikey approached an older lady in the most amazing full length bright purple barbour type coat i have ever seen, mikey approached this lady and proceeded, in the most deliberate manner, to cock his leg i stood there aghast and heard her shrieking "HE JUST WEED ON ME, AND IT WASNT A SMALL ONE EITHER"!!!!!
he had never ever done anything like this prior to or shown any sign of doing it since, i had to shamefacedly walk up to this older lady and offered to pay for her coat to be cleaned, thankfully she realised i was very very shocked by what he had done and saw the funny side PHEW!!!!!

at the time it was horrifying and when i came back and told my mum of his crimes, well she for far too long in my opinion!!!!
looking back on it now however it was a very funny episode!!!
so fess up people what situations has your dog got you into!!!!??????
my jeager is famous for his weeing. one bloke moaning about flea bites on his feet and legs-whilst standing in the field with sandles on! jeager must have got fed up. peed on foot and leg, perfect shot! when up the park, he chooses the "goal posts." they can be jumpers, hats,gloves..hats and helmets-(my favourite) always gets straight in them. and when they put the bikes upside down--youve guessed, always handlebars or saddle. i do try to avoid them. but if one side are showing off, or bullying the other side, i do tend to look the other way, and let it happen! hes very popular with the nice kids!
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >