Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Chunky
Dogsey Senior
Female 

02-01-2012, 06:22 AM
Originally Posted by crestnut View Post
Also meant to add ---She also gets the pups neutured before selling
What is wrong with her Vet??? . My vet would tell me to take a running jump of I wanted a dog neutered that early
Tassle
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-01-2012, 09:20 AM
Originally Posted by crestnut View Post
Oh One Labradoodle owner is attempting to breed to Merle collies now to get the Merle doodle Whatever next!!!! and she has Australian doodles from a puppyfarmer (imo)
There are a few people breeding collie x poodles - they are a mix people use for agility - I have seen a few merles.

The neutering has been going on for a while - I went to see a few pups 4/5 years ago who (when I saw them at 12 weeks) had been neutered before they went to their new homes.
pingu007
Dogsey Senior
Female 

02-01-2012, 12:58 PM
the 'rescue' i used to work for started neutering pups n kittens at 12 weeks it was one of the main reasons i left.
Chunky
Dogsey Senior
Female 

02-01-2012, 03:08 PM
shocking - they should be strung up!!!!
DoKhyi
Almost a Veteran
Female 

02-01-2012, 07:36 PM
Originally Posted by Murf View Post
Why do people not call parti colour black and white .lol
Because it sounds more expensive. In shar-pei they call them flowered and despite it being a fault they pay a lot of money for them. Someone in the USA tried to say it was a unique pattern not seen in any other breed due to the inverted V at the back of the head because the head is invariably coloured. I remember arguing with some berk of a breeder of them about this and pointed out that the same imaginary marking is seen in Jack Russells, Springer Spaniels, St Bernards, Bulldogs and in fact any dog that is white with coloured patches.
twix
Dogsey Senior
Female 

02-01-2012, 08:45 PM
Ad seen recently for a litter of mongrels, bred by a vet nurse (does that make it respectable?) £1300.

At ring craft there was a mini labradoodle, 12 weeks old, was spayed whilst still at the breeders, £1200. Mind boggling.

I'd love to see what grooming advice potential owners are given. I was at a dog club where 3 groomers were talking and the general consensus was that doodles were not popular due to reasons described by others above. One of the worst neglected coats Ive seen was a Std Poodle owned by a hairdresser.
sarah1983
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-01-2012, 09:02 PM
Someone on a certain site linked to a litter of pups in a shelter in america who had been neutered at just 4 weeks old.

There are oodles and doodles and poos going here for anywhere between 500 and 1900 euros.
Kerryowner
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-01-2012, 09:55 PM
Mmm, well I could have sold Parker at a car boot sale last month to someone who thought he was a "Labradoodle"! I wonder how much she would have paid?

At least she wouldn't have been disappointed on the no-shedding aspect I guess. She said this was the reason that she wanted one as they didn't moult!
DoKhyi
Almost a Veteran
Female 

02-01-2012, 10:15 PM
Originally Posted by Kerryowner View Post
Mmm, well I could have sold Parker at a car boot sale last month to someone who thought he was a "Labradoodle"! I wonder how much she would have paid?

At least she wouldn't have been disappointed on the no-shedding aspect I guess. She said this was the reason that she wanted one as they didn't moult!
Blue labradoodle! Very rare, very expensive!

This is what makes me laugh with people who want a non shedding breed. They think it equates with no grooming too, but non shedding breeds need far more coat care than many shedding breeds.
Chunky
Dogsey Senior
Female 

02-01-2012, 10:27 PM
Originally Posted by twix View Post
I'd love to see what grooming advice potential owners are given. I was at a dog club where 3 groomers were talking and the general consensus was that doodles were not popular due to reasons described by others above. One of the worst neglected coats Ive seen was a Std Poodle owned by a hairdresser.
I am regularly informed by owners that the breeders have advised that the dog may need grooming every 6 months or so!!!!!! They do realise very soon that this is complete rubbish and ALL my cocker x poodle clients are in at least every 6 weeks. And many are in every 3-4 particularly when the cocker involved is an American.

Yes is a running joke that hairdressers dogs are very often the worst. Just as I am pants at looking after my own hair
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >