View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
rune
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-10-2011, 10:41 AM
I have no problem with you giving her back---in fact I think you ought to.

I have a huge problem with you making the comment that she would be better off as a working dog in the countryside---how dare you make that sort of assessment ----what do you know about her after 48 hours? What do you know about working dogs----why the countryside?

What this poor little girl needs is a rescue kennels who can properly assess not only the dogs but also the new owners! Hopefully if she gets another chance they will understand that dogs don't come ready made.

rune
HWestie
Dogsey Junior
Female 

29-10-2011, 10:58 AM
Originally Posted by rune View Post
I have no problem with you giving her back---in fact I think you ought to.

I have a huge problem with you making the comment that she would be better off as a working dog in the countryside---how dare you make that sort of assessment ----what do you know about her after 48 hours? What do you know about working dogs----why the countryside?

What this poor little girl needs is a rescue kennels who can properly assess not only the dogs but also the new owners! Hopefully if she gets another chance they will understand that dogs don't come ready made.

rune
rune: she was bred as a working dog. It is my personal opinion that she'd probably be better off in the countryside. And why do you s about how dare we make that assessment? We've been the only ones to assess her! From our observations, she seems to not have been in a house before. I have had experience with working dogs. My brother in law has a working springer spaniel. We know rescue dogs come with problems. We've had 2 before. But I can't handle this level of aggression. And I think we are doing the best thing for her by taking her back and letting someone who has got the time and experience to help her overcome her problems.
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

29-10-2011, 11:05 AM
When do you plan on taking her back?
Mese
Dogsey Senior
Female 

29-10-2011, 11:08 AM
tbh I wouldnt be returning her to the same rescue , not if they allow an unassessed and unvet checked dog go up for adoption
This poor girl could end up in a worse situation than yours
HWestie
Dogsey Junior
Female 

29-10-2011, 11:26 AM
I don't really want to take her back to that rescue but in the conract we signed, it said if for any reason we had to give her up, she had to be returned there. We are taking her back this afternoon. I feel really sad for her that it hasn't worked out, but hopefully she'll find the right home and she'll have a happy life.
Rubster
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-10-2011, 11:39 AM
Which rescue is she from?
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-10-2011, 11:45 AM
I have an ex country girl worker.... She now lives in a house in a city. She loves the sofa. She took some work. It was a given that an ex kennel dog would. She attacked
our resident oldie a couple of times. We dealt with it. Didn't
mean we weren't the best home for her. We were and are.
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-10-2011, 11:47 AM
We were however chosen as the beat home because we could and would work with her and give her the tlc she needed. We were honoured to and the time we have spent with her and love we have given her has been given back a billion times over.
If you are not willing to put the effort in,
take her back. No one would judge you for
it as it's better to be honest, for all of you x
HWestie
Dogsey Junior
Female 

29-10-2011, 12:23 PM
Thankyou ramble. It's not an ideal situation. the rescue place was called dogs in need. it's online. I feel sad she's going but these things happen.
Tupacs2legs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-10-2011, 01:03 PM
Originally Posted by HWestie View Post
Thankyou ramble. It's not an ideal situation. the rescue place was called dogs in need. it's online. I feel sad she's going but these things happen.
so u take on a dog that was 'bred for working'(how do u know that btw). why did u do that if that was the case?

...how on earth can u decide anything after such a small space of time?

why take on a 'rescue' ?do u expect them to come with no feelings and to be the perfect ready made dog?

a dog is a commitment let alone a rescue,its not like a jumper that is the wrong size so u return it!

why did u not think this through? poor dog

do u get on with everybody u meet? do u expect a dog to never growl?

poor dog...yes she needs to go back,and imo u need to learn a bit more about dogs before even thinking of taking another one on...they are living creatures!,yes sometimes it doesnt work out..but to give up under these circumstances in such a short time span imo is not the sort of commitment a dog needs
Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >