View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Rubster
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-10-2011, 09:40 PM
My OH isn't too bad when it comes to these 3.

When I was working and he was on days off he'd take them for the odd jaunt round the field, give them their brekkie, play ball with them in the house...But now am not working I do all the walking. He will come with me on the odd occasion but poo patrol is certainly my territory aswell as the vet trips & the grooming.
Lou
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-10-2011, 09:42 PM
Everything I do what I can, but with a spinal condition, it's sometimes hard for me to get about x
Moli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-10-2011, 09:54 PM
Let them out sometimes, thats about it...My dogs so I do everything for them...
Baileys Blind
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-10-2011, 10:30 PM
My OH's pretty good with my 3

It's been hard work for him to get them to listen to him, I've had them for 3-4 yrs before he became an integral part and not just a visitor so they'd got used to just listening to me.

He gives them their breakfast when he gets up for work at 5am! He works long hours so I do most of the stuff as I'm around, he still gets up early at the weekends and leaves me to have a bit of a lay in and takes them out, he enjoys coming out with me too.

Ooooooh and he sh*t shovels without being asked too

I do all of the grooming but he does sit and run his fingers through their coats ( any excuse for a cuddle!!!) and remove any debris that the brush missed!!!

TBH I see it as they're my dogs so they're my responsibility.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-10-2011, 10:44 PM
My OH does what he can't get away with not doing and spoils my boy rotten.

In fairness, he does feed him if he's up first and does get down for a cuddle with him quite a bit. He takes him on the garden (that's as far as my lad can get now) and makes sure he gets some of the bread meant for the bird table .

When I was laid up with an injured ankle he took over completely for the first six months until I could manage the simpler things so I really can't complain
abbie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-10-2011, 11:06 PM
My OH never ever walks the dogs at home. He hates picking up poo and rarely feeds or does any of the general looking after them.

So onto what he does do. He takes them to work with him on the days I have to work away from home. He drives at least 12 hours a week taking us to training, not including taking us to shows. He is always there to put up courses, mend equipment, steward at shows, build kennels, fit out vans. Loves taking photographs of the dogs and gets some very good ones. I know I could say I wanted to go anywhere in Europe with the dogs and he would get us there. He also loves to sit with the dogs giving them a cuddle at night
lozzibear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-10-2011, 11:09 PM
My OH loves to fuss and cuddle Jake. He will play with him, feed him, and give him loads of treats He will walk Jake, but only if I am unwell and can't do it myself. He has also looked after Jake overnight.

He doesn't do any training though, I don't trust him! He doesn't think about what he is doing, and uses the wrong words etc. It really bothers me, so he isn't allowed to do training
alexgirl73
Almost a Veteran
Female 

18-10-2011, 11:15 PM
My hubby does rather a lot. He'll do some of the feeding (although most of it is left to me), will help cut up and bag the raw meat, takes him for at least 1, but usually 2 walks a day and we share the training I can't really walk him as I have mobility problems, although I do take him when I use my scooter or if it's a very short walk on one of my good days.
lisa01uk87
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-10-2011, 11:59 PM
to all you people with OH's who actully help them with the animals - i am now having a huge temper tantrum, feet stamping and everything

my OH loves the animals but will only do anything FOR them if and when i ask, he doesn't seem to have common sense when it comes to things that need doing
he does take me to training with them, and to dog shows, and will watch them if i have an appointment i need to go to but thats about it

walking them - pfft you gotta be kidding, xeva i can kinda understand but he has no excuse for ty, he cant be walked far and isn't really any bother (OH stresses too much so the dogs tend to take the P**s a bit, but then if he does nothing with/for them except pet/play with them, what does he expect? )
Insomnia
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-10-2011, 06:05 AM
My husband works more hours than me, so I do 90%+ of the work. He occasionally feeds him when asked, only 1 evening a week without being asked as I'm not in. He only rarely walks him with me and even rarer alone, he does groom him from time to time and likes cuddles. I do 99% of the poo picking up, I have to ask him specifically to do it.
I don't mind most of the time, sometimes it would be nice if he did the yard without asking, or took him for a walk - or mainly even walked with us.
Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >