Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
rune
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-10-2011, 04:49 PM
Originally Posted by rough View Post
what a shame non of her showing friends could help her in this unfortunate situation
or even the stud dog owner if she used someone else's dog
There are very few people in either of the sports I have done with my dogs that I would entrust one of my dogs to.

rune
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-10-2011, 04:51 PM
Originally Posted by chaz View Post
Brundog is there anyway you could send some info of that to me? As I could try and speak to the warden or manager of the one round here?
currently its scotland based as different government but will let you know how it gets on after 15th nov which is the petitions committee meeting and our rescue meeting.
chaz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-10-2011, 04:53 PM
Thanks, good luck with it all too.
JoedeeUK
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-10-2011, 06:40 PM
Originally Posted by morganstar View Post
This has been commented on in another thread were a breeder has rehomed a puppy with sight issues.
Do you think this is acceptable.
Personally I think it's appalling that this is allowed, as a breeder I'm responsible for giving life to my pups and as such they are always welcome back here for any reason, and I wouldnt dream of placing one of my dogs in rescue, certainly not an eight week old pup with health issues.
Just wondered what everyone else's opinions are.

Never Ever Simple !
JoedeeUK
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-10-2011, 06:43 PM
Originally Posted by Brundog View Post
i think breeders should be responsible, as otherwise rescue is a rehoming service not a "rescue"

We are currently trying to push through legislation to try and force the mandatory microchipping of all dogs prior to leaving breeders so that people can be held accountable for where their dogs they have bred end up. And thus that the dogs are traceable.
Wish us luck it goes to the next stage of government petitions on the 15th November.
Are you also pressing the Chip companies to amend the records they keep as at present, unlike the tattoo register, any reference to a breeder can be removed on the database-there is nowhere to record the breeder except in a notes box that can be edited by anyone who knows the chip number & petlog ID ?
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-10-2011, 06:45 PM
Originally Posted by JoedeeUK View Post
Are you also pressing the Chip companies to amend the records they keep as at present, unlike the tattoo register, any reference to a breeder can be removed on the database-there is nowhere to record the breeder except in a notes box that can be edited by anyone who knows the chip number & petlog ID ?
thanks for the info I will put that info in our propose, and speak to the chip companies .
JoedeeUK
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-10-2011, 06:47 PM
Originally Posted by tillytheterrier View Post
I was talking to a lady from Rottweiler rescue at a show recently and she said people would be amazed at how many puppies get handed over from breeders. Rottie litters apparently can be quite big and its not unusual for not all the pups to get homes so the excess (from some, not all breeders) are dumped in rescue. She also said that breeders are the least generous when it come to donating to help the rescues!! Is awful, you breed, you should take responsibility for any pups that are born!
Are these breeders who register their dogs with the KC ? I know plenty of rescues get unregistered puppies dumped on them-very few are from KC registered parents
JoedeeUK
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-10-2011, 06:49 PM
Originally Posted by Brundog View Post
thanks for the info I will put that info in our propose, and speak to the chip companies .
I wish you the best of luck as all they are interested in is their profits. All the chip companies are commerical businesses & any cost would be passed on to their consumers. The Tattoo register has always retained the breeders information on their database, making tattooed dogs very traceable
DoKhyi
Almost a Veteran
Female 

16-10-2011, 01:46 PM
NEVER NEVER NEVER! If you are a breeder you have a duty of care to all the lives you bring into the world for their entire lives. You should take the dog back and rehome him/her yourself. You shold also be obliged to stump up any vet fees needed rather than pass your problem on. My friend always took any dog she had bred back and that included a 10 year old.
morganstar
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-10-2011, 01:52 PM
Originally Posted by DoKhyi View Post
NEVER NEVER NEVER! If you are a breeder you have a duty of care to all the lives you bring into the world for their entire lives. You should take the dog back and rehome him/her yourself. You shold also be obliged to stump up any vet fees needed rather than pass your problem on. My friend always took any dog she had bred back and that included a 10 year old.
Yep when Molly left here to live with my friends mum I put into the sales contract should she need the eye that didn't form right removing at any time we'd pay the vets bill.
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >