awww I'm so sorry

I'm sure you will find another good dog, fitting right into your family

{{{{HUGS}}}}
Thank you bellaluna. xxx
jake
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-07-2005, 07:05 PM
aww woofer I know how hard it was to make that decision for you it shows a real strength of character. I understand you wanting your children to grow up with a dog but maybe two under five's would make it very stressful for you? I know from our chat last night that you really have your hands full at the moment. Maybe wait until they are slightly older? Or go for a breed known to be good with children a Labradoor etc? I also know many JRT's who are good family dogs but it does really depend on the line they come from.

Anyway I won't tell you what to do that's just my opinion!! I admire you greatly for making such a hard decision.

Kindest Regards
Laura xxx
Steve
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

16-07-2005, 07:08 PM
I know the outcome was not welcome (biting),but atleast you gave her a chance.The problem with rescue dogs is that the information the shelter has is only as good as they are given by the owners.Try looking again because there are soooo many dogs in dire need of a good loving home and you WILL find one suitable like i did with Vegas!
Natasha
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-07-2005, 07:10 PM
Aw sorry to hear that xxxxxxx
candie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-07-2005, 07:14 PM
Try not to worry.we tried to rescue a staffy last year from the RSPCA.We were told she was fine with other dogs and we even took ours to meet her.It turned out later that she attacked our softy lab daisy for no reason, and kept on doing so.In the end we had to take her back.All you can do is try youre best and if as in both our cases uit doesnt work out then thats it really.Good luck in the future though!!
Woofer
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-07-2005, 07:16 PM
Originally Posted by jake
aww woofer I know how hard it was to make that decision for you it shows a real strength of character. I understand you wanting your children to grow up with a dog but maybe two under five's would make it very stressful for you? I know from our chat last night that you really have your hands full at the moment. Maybe wait until they are slightly older? Or go for a breed known to be good with children a Labradoor etc? I also know many JRT's who are good family dogs but it does really depend on the line they come from.

Anyway I won't tell you what to do that's just my opinion!! I admire you greatly for making such a hard decision.

Kindest Regards
Laura xxx

Thank you so much laura for all your support, and for letting me bend your ear, you have been fantastic, yes it was an extremely difficult dicision to make and i did not take it lightly, i knew it would break my daughters heart, but i had to weigh up the pro's and cons, but from speaking to you, you made me see sense, i hope people don't think of me as irresponsible, as i would hate that but i will get another dog, a dog in my house is loved and well treated, and with advice from dogwebs' wonderful people i hope i can get some advice so i don't go to rescues who are just interested in posting how many dogs they have homed in the past month but how many they have homed properly and responsibly. Once again thank you xxxxxx
Woofer
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-07-2005, 07:21 PM
Originally Posted by candie
Try not to worry.we tried to rescue a staffy last year from the RSPCA.We were told she was fine with other dogs and we even took ours to meet her.It turned out later that she attacked our softy lab daisy for no reason, and kept on doing so.In the end we had to take her back.All you can do is try youre best and if as in both our cases uit doesnt work out then thats it really.Good luck in the future though!!

Thank you candie xx
Woofer
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-07-2005, 07:22 PM
Originally Posted by Natasha
Aw sorry to hear that xxxxxxx

Thank You Natasha
Dinahsmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-07-2005, 07:23 PM
Sorry to hear your news but I, too, think you have done the right thing.
The right dog is out there somewhere - maybe just 'cool it' and let it find you....it does happen.
Hope the JR finds a suitable home and hopefully you've given the rescue good info to help them match it with its perfect home.
Take care
Woofer
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-07-2005, 07:24 PM
Originally Posted by Steve
I know the outcome was not welcome (biting),but atleast you gave her a chance.The problem with rescue dogs is that the information the shelter has is only as good as they are given by the owners.Try looking again because there are soooo many dogs in dire need of a good loving home and you WILL find one suitable like i did with Vegas!

Thanks steve, i will keep looking, i have always had rescue dogs, and always will, i am glad you found your vegas and i hope i am as lucky.
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >