Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Milk maid
Almost a Veteran
Female 

21-08-2011, 02:58 PM
Originally Posted by lore View Post
Oh I missed this law...oops. Should get Dougal a tag then.

*hangs head in shame*
If you want pom poms from SB you had better do it quick
x-clo-x
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-08-2011, 02:59 PM
Originally Posted by Milk maid View Post
If you want pom poms from SB you had better do it quick
yep i got my pom poms AGES ago
Tass
Almost a Veteran
Female 

21-08-2011, 03:24 PM
Originally Posted by TeflonsShadow View Post
Shes a good girly when we camp, never going further than 5 foot from me, and always running to me when she sees other dogs or people I ALWAYS reward her recalls, though she seems to be alot better at it when we are camping... I guess its because she is less confident in a less familiar surroundings?
That sounds likely. Unconfident dogs often tend to stick closer in unfamiliar places, some confident ones however can go "Yippee - lots of new stuff to explore" and be harder to get back.

Some dog-aggressive dogs are also much better behaved in unfamiliar areas that they do not feel territorial about, but now I'm digressing

(PS BTW I was only kidding about her not getting lost as the mental picture amused me . I wasn't meaning to suggest in any way that you weren't looking after her excellently )
MarchHound
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-08-2011, 03:30 PM
Originally Posted by Tass View Post
That sounds likely. Unconfident dogs often tend to stick closer in unfamiliar places, some confident ones however can go "Yippee - lots of new stuff to explore" and be harder to get back.

Some dog-aggressive dogs are also much better behaved in unfamiliar areas that they do not feel territorial about, but now I'm digressing

(PS BTW I was only kidding about her not getting lost as the mental picture amused me . I wasn't meaning to suggest in any way that you weren't looking after her excellently )

I know !
majuka
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-08-2011, 04:10 PM
Originally Posted by Mad Huskies View Post
Think more people should be made awear of this law! The amount of dogs I see without even so much as a phone number on them is cronic!
Yes, I've just spent the afternoon at a very popular country park and have seen several dogs (with different owners) that weren't even wearing collars.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

21-08-2011, 04:25 PM
I knew it was law and my dogs have always worn an ID tag as well as being chipped. As others say I want to know that people can return my dog directly to me if needed.

I know of several people who thought if your dog was chipped it did not need an ID tag. I think its a good idea to do both.
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-08-2011, 06:36 PM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
I knew it was law and my dogs have always worn an ID tag as well as being chipped. As others say I want to know that people can return my dog directly to me if needed.

I know of several people who thought if your dog was chipped it did not need an ID tag. I think its a good idea to do both.
Until and unless they change the law, whether your dog is chipped and/or tattood dogs still require a legally compliant ID tag.
dizzi
Almost a Veteran
Female 

21-08-2011, 07:36 PM
Doesn't help when even rescues are encouraging the law to be broken though - when we got the hound we were given a tag with the rescue's number on for us to put our phone number only (actually specified no addresses) on the other side of.

We ignored that part of the guidance - she still wears the rescue's tag, but has a secondary tag with all the details required on there as well.

Layton slipped his collar a month or so ago, reappeared from hot persuit of a bunny naked (and it wasn't THAT sort of bunny!) - couldn't find the collar so we replaced it (I have spare collars in the car boot anyway with old ones just in case that sort of thing happens) - last week someone rang us and has found the collar and is going to return it to us - because it's got all our details on the tag... if the collar's still useable - another spare for the collection that we wouldn't have got back without the tag on it.

Seen the dog wardens out having "words" with naked dogs around our way recently too (the ones who drive to the park, open the car doors and just let the dog bowl across the car park without regard for anything - pet hate of mine anyway) - the woman caught with the collarless dog was NOT happy and was muttering effing and jeffing her way back to the car!
lore
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-08-2011, 07:42 PM
Ah, now hubby brought up a good point. Is this law in Scotland too?
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-08-2011, 07:47 PM
YEs it is.
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >