scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-08-2011, 01:05 PM
Originally Posted by Tupacs2legs View Post
Bats are loooovely

They are like velvet to touch
But don't they have teeth

To be honest, it is the flapping of wings...I'm scared of birds and moths also, but quite happy to be near them so long as they aren't in flight...I get that phobia from my mum, bless her
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-08-2011, 01:05 PM
I think that as long as they`re not wearing little capes and eyeing up young ladies in underwired night-dresses, they`re generally OK.
Tupacs2legs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-08-2011, 01:08 PM
Originally Posted by scorpio View Post
But don't they have teeth

To be honest, it is the flapping of wings...I'm scared of birds and moths also, but quite happy to be near them so long as they aren't in flight...I get that phobia from my mum, bless her
Personally I'm more worried about stag beetles!! They should not be in the air!!
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-08-2011, 01:08 PM
Originally Posted by Tupacs2legs View Post
Personally I'm more worried about stag beetles!! They should not be in the air!!
Heather and Zak
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-08-2011, 01:10 PM
What a coincidence, my neighbor just came out her garden shouting for me and in a panic, there was a bat on the wall in her garden. So i went over and it was only a baby one so sweet but obviously lost its way. I picked it up and put it in the tree but it flew down onto the wall and my neighbor nearly had a heart attack. So I picked it up and put it high up on my bathroom wall and it crawled up under the weather board so it should be happy there as its dark. It didn't seem injured so hopefully it will fly off tonight. Will have to keep my eye on it as Barney thought it was something great to play with.
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-08-2011, 01:13 PM
Originally Posted by Heather and Zak View Post
What a coincidence, my neighbor just came out her garden shouting for me and in a panic, there was a bat on the wall in her garden. So i went over and it was only a baby one so sweet but obviously lost its way. I picked it up and put it in the tree but it flew down onto the wall and my neighbor nearly had a heart attack. So I picked it up and put it high up on my bathroom wall and it crawled up under the weather board so it should be happy there as its dark. It didn't seem injured so hopefully it will fly off tonight. Will have to keep my eye on it as Barney thought it was something great to play with.
Wow, you're really brave

There certainly seem to be a lot about, I don't remember seeing so many last year...I know they were an endangered species, not sure if that's still the case, but perhaps they have recovered their numbers now
Heather and Zak
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-08-2011, 01:18 PM
Originally Posted by scorpio View Post
Wow, you're really brave

There certainly seem to be a lot about, I don't remember seeing so many last year...I know they were an endangered species, not sure if that's still the case, but perhaps they have recovered their numbers now
The thing is it was so soft in my hand and so cute. But if it had been a spider I would have been the one having a heart attack.
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-08-2011, 01:24 PM
The thing is it was so soft in my hand and so cute. But if it had been a spider I would have been the one having a heart attack.
dog_geek
Dogsey Senior
Female 

14-08-2011, 04:14 PM
Actually bats are not blind that is just a myth. They do not have night time vision as cats and owls have, they rely on sonic radar. Don't worry I often sit in the garden and watch them at night as they nest close by and they will whizz down close but have never hit me yet.
Thats what I meant, sonar radar. Echo location is dolphins
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >