View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-08-2011, 11:51 AM
Yes. But they have free run of house and garden and therefore space to settle where they are comfortable. And I don`t leave food about.
Jugsmalone
Almost a Veteran
Female 

09-08-2011, 11:51 AM
I leave my two together. Coleman likes to sleep on his bed downstaris whilst Buster likes to go to the front bedroom and look out of the window, he has a dog bed in there too.
Sosha
Almost a Veteran
Female 

09-08-2011, 11:52 AM
Leave the Lodger with the office lurcher without a second thought. Have also left him with my aunt's two small ones the first day they met - was obvious they were going to be fine.
x-clo-x
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-08-2011, 11:52 AM
Originally Posted by Murf View Post
The dogs cuddle up ..
Do you they think differently when you are not there ??
no but i imagine they act the same as when im not here. like daphni will growl at asbo sometimes if she decides he is too close, or when he wont leave her girly bits alone it has never escalated because ive always been here to tell her to pack it in and move him away. how do i know it wont happen when im out?
the boys can scrap over anything and everything, nanas dog really doesnt like asbo so they will definately never been left alon for a number of hours.

however if i go get in the bath for half an hour, ive never heard them grumble at each other, so maybe they would act fine if i wasnt in?
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-08-2011, 11:55 AM
I will add that when Sadie is in season she is separated when we go out.
x-clo-x
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-08-2011, 11:57 AM
see ours are fed when we go out, so have their food put down when we go out.

i know asbo eats like a pig, and this would cause trouble because once hes finished his, he will want the others.

if i could feed them before i left, then i would, but they wont eat really early in the morning. if i could feed them before i went then i may leave them loose. but i dunno, i worry too much
Luthien
Dogsey Senior
Female 

09-08-2011, 11:59 AM
I've always left my two together.

I'm sure there would be major ructions if I tried to shut them away from each other
x-clo-x
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-08-2011, 11:59 AM
Originally Posted by SLB View Post
I will add that when Sadie is in season she is separated when we go out.
yep. girls always separated, she doesnt see the boys for 4 weeks when she is in season. lives in my room, goes the toilet on a separate bit of garden, and walked earlier and separately
Wozzy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-08-2011, 12:02 PM
Originally Posted by x-clo-x View Post
see daph will have a go at asbo sometimes if she suddenly decides hes too close. so for that reason i would never leave them unsupervised. but asbo likes his crate anyway so it doesnt bother him too much.
Jed is non-confrontational and will only defend himself if he doesnt have another choice. If she has a go at him in the kitchen or garden, he'll move out of her way and thats the end of it, she doesnt follow him. In the car the problem was he was too close for her liking, she had a pop at him, he couldnt get away so she continued to have a go at him and he had to stand up to her.

Although Jessie can boss the boys about a bit, she doesnt have the size or the power to do them any real damage - both are twice her weight and with much stronger jaws (it doesnt help that Jessie's canines are broken, she has trouble tackling the smallest of bones!) so she has always come off worse but the boys just dont have it in them to attack her for real.
fizzigal
Dogsey Junior
Female 

09-08-2011, 12:03 PM
daphni will growl at asbo sometimes if she decides he is too close, or when he wont leave her girly bits alone it has never escalated because ive always been here to tell her to pack it in and move him away.
Have you ever let it escalate? i dont mean full blown fight, just let daphni snap, maybe show asbo its bad manners?
Page 3 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »