View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-08-2011, 08:23 PM
bit of both, you get the ones that do have genuine reasons, but have seen some that were just idiculous, and had some others handed over without collars and leads cos they are keeping them for the new dog !!

Breaks my heart, and sadly they do wait the longest as most of the homechecks I do the upper age limit that people want is usually 6. So they dont want an "old dog" when inactual fact they ae generally easier !!
tillytheterrier
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-08-2011, 06:35 AM
I can vouch for the oldies. We had no intention of getting another dog at the moment, then Claire (Lilypup) got her new foster dog Gracie. Now that is a grey face if ever I saw one! We fell for her charms and the rest is history. But did we adopt a little old lady thats content to curl up on the safa and sleep the day away? Did we heck! Ok, so 90 percent of the time she's quiet and happy to snuggle up with you on the sofa but boy, when she's off you know about it. She can outrun Tilly. We regularly have toys and shoes flying through the air. She's quite good at doing the wall of death around the bedroom. too. She is amazing! So next time you consider a new dog, consider an oldie. Gracie orders it!

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3