View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-07-2011, 07:47 AM
I`d like to see a similar one with the head of the RSPCA now.
Insomnia
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-07-2011, 07:51 AM
Originally Posted by ClaireandDaisy View Post
I`d like to see a similar one with the head of the RSPCA now.
Ooooh! Now that would be an interesting watch!!!
Anne-Marie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-07-2011, 07:59 AM
I sadly missed this, would have liked to have seen it too. Hope they repeat them.
Insomnia
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-07-2011, 08:03 AM
Originally Posted by Anne-Marie View Post
I sadly missed this, would have liked to have seen it too. Hope they repeat them.
They probably will, but you'll be able to watch it online anytime on 4oD
krlyr
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-07-2011, 08:04 AM
Originally Posted by Insomnia View Post
I liked the programme on the whole, but didn't like how they seemed to emphasise the problem over in Ireland, but not really touch on the problems we have over here. They only touched on Staffies, but not the other dogs that are overspilling in the rescues.
Well really it's not "The Blue Cross Show" - it's Undercover Boss. I imagine several subjects were touched upon but the final editing probably just made it a bit skewed (especially towards discussion on things that cost them money - it's a show about businesses trying to make adjustments to be more profitable, afterall)
I wasn't really that impressed by it - why the sudden realisation of the Staffie problems? I don't even work for the Blue Cross and I can figure that out! The woman seemed almost offended that the nurses felt it was "them and us" with the nurses and head office - well, certainly seems like they were right with the issues with staff holidays and stuff, or the organisation of the Irish dogs when there are centres much closer.
Don't really think these shows will have that great an impact, they could have found out everything they needed to know by popping in (not even undercover) or having meetings with the staff
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-07-2011, 08:10 AM
Originally Posted by krlyr View Post
Well really it's not "The Blue Cross Show" - it's Undercover Boss. I imagine several subjects were touched upon but the final editing probably just made it a bit skewed (especially towards discussion on things that cost them money - it's a show about businesses trying to make adjustments to be more profitable, afterall)
I wasn't really that impressed by it - why the sudden realisation of the Staffie problems? I don't even work for the Blue Cross and I can figure that out! The woman seemed almost offended that the nurses felt it was "them and us" with the nurses and head office - well, certainly seems like they were right with the issues with staff holidays and stuff, or the organisation of the Irish dogs when there are centres much closer.
Don't really think these shows will have that great an impact, they could have found out everything they needed to know by popping in (not even undercover) or having meetings with the staff

Great post, agree with all of the above. I think one of the key issues was overlooked though, and that was the guy who paid for stuff out of his own pocket which is, IMV, symptomatic of how some people who work in charities a) feel and b) are treated.

I am sure there are lots more of "him" and so the "final accounts" do not reflect the truth of how well or badly they run their business as a charity IS a business.
Insomnia
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-07-2011, 08:14 AM
I do know what you mean, I know they can't hit on everything, but it's just a shame that it was on those issues not even a passing mention of the state of other breeds/crosses in rescues.
I also don't know why she was upset that it was 'us and them'...isn't it like that with most organisations???
I know, it seems crazy that she was so surprised about the 'staffie problem'...a quick google search could have explained that!
krlyr
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-07-2011, 08:19 AM
Originally Posted by smokeybear View Post
Great post, agree with all of the above. I think one of the key issues was overlooked though, and that was the guy who paid for stuff out of his own pocket which is, IMV, symptomatic of how some people who work in charities a) feel and b) are treated.

I am sure there are lots more of "him" and so the "final accounts" do not reflect the truth of how well or badly they run their business as a charity IS a business.
Yup - I didn't comment as you don't really know whether it was discussed and not shown but I didn't really feel a long weekend away was that great in return for all the time and money he'd spent. Had they offered to recoup his costs and pay him for his time worked I bet he could afford a nice week or fortnight's holiday for himself and his wife! Yes, he chose to donate his time and money in this format but I bet it's because he felt that the Blue Cross wouldn't if he didn't - a very selfless act.

Just feel these shows are all about the "drama" of being undercover and the publicity. OK, if the very top boss came into me and asked my views on the business, some of my comments may be a little censored but I trust my immediate boss and we all have a moan about what systems work and don't work. The only show I've seen so far that gleaned information that the boss couldn't have achieved by actually communicating with all of their staff was the chicken one - you can bet half the health & safety/hygeine stuff would be covered up if they knew the boss was due in! But last night's show was a bit pointless really, she could have walked in as Kim, the CEO, and been treated exactly the same. Anything they implemented off the back of the show could have been researched and implemented at any time - doesn't take an undercover boss to see that the Kimpton centre is behind the times or to realise there's an issue with Staffies.
Insomnia
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-07-2011, 08:22 AM
Yup - I didn't comment as you don't really know whether it was discussed and not shown but I didn't really feel a long weekend away was that great in return for all the time and money he'd spent. Had they offered to recoup his costs and pay him for his time worked I bet he could afford a nice week or fortnight's holiday for himself and his wife! Yes, he chose to donate his time and money in this format but I bet it's because he felt that the Blue Cross wouldn't if he didn't - a very selfless act.
I agree, I thought it was a bit of a cop-out offer. He spent a LOT of time and money helping out, bless him. A lovely man.
dizzi
Almost a Veteran
Female 

20-07-2011, 09:11 AM
It's up on on-demand now (channel 4 seems to take a while to get the previous night's stuff up).

http://www.channel4.com/programmes/u...ss/4od#3210296

I sky plussed it - but as it records a little bit of the previous programme, switched it on to get in big letters on the screen right as the first thing I saw warts in an area we don't generally mention! (embarrassing bodies was on before)
Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >