Our sister sites
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-07-2005, 04:17 PM
edinburgh

scotlands capital city
gorgeous - old buildings ( very old)
Lovely parks, has the pentland hills as a back drop, old volcano - arthurs seat, edinburgh castle on another volcano and loads of history. Close to the sea on the firth of forth, home to the Forth bridge.

LOvely woodlands, lots of greenbelt.

I love edinburgh and as many have said - like everywhere else we have our not so nice areas.

dani
Fred
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

11-07-2005, 04:22 PM
Originally Posted by Brundog
edinburgh

scotlands capital city
gorgeous - old buildings ( very old)
Lovely parks, has the pentland hills as a back drop, old volcano - arthurs seat, edinburgh castle on another volcano and loads of history. Close to the sea on the firth of forth, home to the Forth bridge.

LOvely woodlands, lots of greenbelt.

I love edinburgh and as many have said - like everywhere else we have our not so nice areas.

dani
now thats a town very interesting
Emm
Dogsey Veteran

11-07-2005, 04:23 PM
originally posted by nemosmummy

emm my grandad was from falkirk sadly hes passed now but all his family came from falkirk and the ones who are left still live there

my nana was from hawick and thats where my mum was born and my dads side of the family all came from glasgow and most still live in and around glasgow

so ya see my whole family come from up the road as we say here in corby
wow where about in Falkirk?
corbiesmum
Dogsey Junior
Female 

11-07-2005, 04:38 PM
I live in a village in Kinross-shire a few miles from Kinross in Scotland, about 30 miles north of Edinburgh - and not far from this weekend's T in the Park music festival. The Ochil Hills are on the door step and I'm only an hour from the mountains of the Highlands, I love the wilderness

Not much to say about my village really, only that they had witch burnings nearby way back when We have a nice river which Corbie loves, country footpaths straight out of the front door, and so much wildlife.

Kinross-shire is a small county measuring barely 15 miles from west to east, 9 miles from north to south and has a population of only approx 8000 - So when 100,000 music fans arrive for T in the Park you notice it We're surrounded by hills (Ochils, Cleish, Lomond) and this means that we have our own climate at times. We also have Loch Leven which is a wildlife nature reserve and one of the islands houses the castle where Mary Queen of Scots was held prisoner for a time.

I used to live in a town called Emsworth in Hampshire all my life, near Portsmouth, then moved to Whiteley near Fareham, and I moved to Scotland in Sept 2003 - I would never live south again.
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-07-2005, 04:46 PM
Originally Posted by corbiesmum
I live in a village in Kinross-shire a few miles from Kinross in Scotland, about 30 miles north of Edinburgh - and not far from this weekend's T in the Park music festival. The Ochil Hills are on the door step and I'm only an hour from the mountains of the Highlands, I love the wilderness

Not much to say about my village really, only that they had witch burnings nearby way back when We have a nice river which Corbie loves, country footpaths straight out of the front door, and so much wildlife.

Kinross-shire is a small county measuring barely 15 miles from west to east, 9 miles from north to south and has a population of only approx 8000 - So when 100,000 music fans arrive for T in the Park you notice it We're surrounded by hills (Ochils, Cleish, Lomond) and this means that we have our own climate at times. We also have Loch Leven which is a wildlife nature reserve and one of the islands houses the castle where Mary Queen of Scots was held prisoner for a time.

I used to live in a town called Emsworth in Hampshire all my life, near Portsmouth, then moved to Whiteley near Fareham, and I moved to Scotland in Sept 2003 - I would never live south again.
yep scotlands definetly the best !! LOL
Wheaten mad
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-07-2005, 05:02 PM
This is where i live....http://members.lycos.co.uk/Hammerwich/

sarah xxxxx
Fred
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

11-07-2005, 05:05 PM
Originally Posted by Wheaten mad
This is where i live....http://members.lycos.co.uk/Hammerwich/

sarah xxxxx
very nice place quiet
Wheaten mad
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-07-2005, 05:08 PM
thanks fred

sarah xxxx
Steve
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

11-07-2005, 05:38 PM
St-Ives,Cambridgeshire

http://www.saint-ives.org.uk/

Small market town with a very old bridge which crosses the River Ouse and also has a chapel on it.In the centre of town,there is a statue of Oliver Cromwell who farmed in the town,but lived 6 miles away in Huntingdon.Since this area has always been Tory,Huntingdon didnt want the statue (errected in 1899)-so St-Ives ended up with it!

St-Ives is a very old town which until the early 70's,used to have a cattle market every monday (normal market still continues on Mondays & Fridays) and can still remember the smell of cattle poo wafting round town-despite being only a few years old!
Fred
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

11-07-2005, 05:50 PM
Originally Posted by Steve
St-Ives,Cambridgeshire

http://www.saint-ives.org.uk/

Small market town with a very old bridge which crosses the River Ouse and also has a chapel on it.In the centre of town,there is a statue of Oliver Cromwell who farmed in the town,but lived 6 miles away in Huntingdon.Since this area has always been Tory,Huntingdon didnt want the statue (errected in 1899)-so St-Ives ended up with it!

St-Ives is a very old town which until the early 70's,used to have a cattle market every monday (normal market still continues on Mondays & Fridays) and can still remember the smell of cattle poo wafting round town-despite being only a few years old!
Nice town i know that town i donīt know where from if i can remember i will let you know hope it has a small tabaconist that closes
Page 3 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »