View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Ben Mcfuzzylugs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-07-2011, 12:22 PM
Aww I know it isnt nice to think about - but its natural and really a nice quick kill is not a bad way for the mouse to go
chaz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-07-2011, 09:29 AM
Diesel loves mice out in the field, but Pepsi has bigger balls then him all he does is follows them, does the whole fox jump and traps them gives them a bit of a sniff and leaves them to get on with their day but then he did kill that squrriel recently...But I'm sure that Pepsi is happy with herself, and if its clean that the mouse didn't suffer too much, and tbh I know plenty of people round here who are scared stiff of mice who would love to come and dog nap her after hearing this .
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-07-2011, 02:37 PM
Originally Posted by Ben Mcfuzzylugs View Post
Aww I know it isnt nice to think about - but its natural and really a nice quick kill is not a bad way for the mouse to go
Thats how I feel about it. When I told my SiL she looked at me horrifed and couldn't get over it.
This is a woman whose two cats will play for ages terrorising a mouse before actually killing it, if they ever do or if they just leave it to suffer

Originally Posted by chaz View Post
Diesel loves mice out in the field, but Pepsi has bigger balls then him all he does is follows them, does the whole fox jump and traps them gives them a bit of a sniff and leaves them to get on with their day but then he did kill that squrriel recently...But I'm sure that Pepsi is happy with herself, and if its clean that the mouse didn't suffer too much, and tbh I know plenty of people round here who are scared stiff of mice who would love to come and dog nap her after hearing this .
Pepsi is a girl, she hasn't got balls
I just hope she doesn't start bringing them in the house
Kerryowner
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-07-2011, 02:49 PM
Cherry says well done to Pepsi! Good to know that she is "fit for purpose" so to speak!

Cherry found a dead mouse on the path in the woods once and pounced on it and was sooooo pleased with herself!

We have had a hedgehog in our garden this week and Cherry actually thought through how to turn it over by using the side of her paws so she didn't get prickled. Jamie had to go and drag her away from it as I dread to think what she would have done to it poor thing. She was really resisting Jamie and not wanting to leave it!
magpye
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-07-2011, 09:39 AM
Kismet hunts mice from under my neighbours shed that come through the bottom of the garden! I told the neighbour and he invited us round to get to the root of the problem, she killed three more in his garden and the problem seems to have gone away.

When Mum got mice in her garage, I brought Kismet over twice a week until the problem was either killed, or moved house!

She has also killed three pigeons in the garden swooping low between the fences, a cooing dove who decided to use the garden as a display arena and more recently on a walk she caught her first mole! I'm keeping that one quiet though or everyone will want her.

The local cats seem to know better and the garden is now hedgehog proof as I have had concrete gravel boards fitted all round!

But anything that does make it into the garden is fair game and a free dog toy as far as Kismet is concerned!
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3