View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
kate_7590
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-06-2011, 05:56 PM
i always lock the doors when im driving. my car has barjo guard and tailgate anyway though
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-06-2011, 06:19 PM
It has actually happened to me one, when the tailgate flew open when I was on a VERY busy A-road coming back from my horse One very smart gsd in the back, just sat there totally unphased, as I went into headless chicken mode, there was nothing I could do, too much traffic, and I was about to turn off right into my village. I just yelled stay, turned into my village, pulled over and shut it, phew! I suppose I hadn't shut it properly after throwing my horse stuff in the back.

I don't lock doors, except one back door which Zena scrabbles on when we near her morning walk, only because I worry she could open it. In all honestly, nobody's gonna be daft enough to put a hand in a car with two big gsd's in the back.... or are they? I like to know I can get out in a hurry even though my dogmobile has central locking, I just don't bother. My bimmer locks me in anyway after a minute on the road, but I usually disable it coz I don't like to feel locked in.
Rubster
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-06-2011, 06:39 PM
Originally Posted by smokeybear View Post
The stats where people are injured or killed BECAUSE they are locked in the car are infinitesimal.

Doors locked means you cannot be carjacked and
cannot have your purse etc stolen at lights both of which are FAR more likely than being burned alive or drowned in a locked car.

But we all make our own decisions.......
Well anyone who nicked my car or my purse would be sorely disappointed LOL neither of em have anything in them except junk!
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-06-2011, 06:41 PM
Originally Posted by Rubster View Post
Well anyone who nicked my car or my purse would be sorely disappointed LOL neither of em have anything in them except junk!
I don't care if they steal the car (company one) but I DO care about what is in it, ie my dogs!
Lou
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-06-2011, 07:37 PM
Originally Posted by one.eyed.dog View Post
Always lock the car door now even if the dog is not in there.
Same here xx
spockky boy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-06-2011, 07:55 PM
Usually if I remember I will lock the doors dogs or no dogs.
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-06-2011, 09:29 PM
I always lock the doors when the dogs are in the car as they have the run of the back and I can just imagine one of them learning to open the back door!

Other than that I don't bother.
Kerryowner
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-06-2011, 09:31 PM
Originally Posted by smokeybear View Post
I automatically lock the car doors (central locking) every time I get in, basic security, for me and the dogs.
When I dropped my boyfriend (now my husband) off at bible college one night when he was in his final year I had a strange man come up in the dark and try to get into my car. I was so glad I had central locking then as I quickly pressed the button to lock all the doors.

After that scare I ALWAYS lock all the doors when I'm in the car now.
lozzibear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-06-2011, 10:23 PM
I don't drive, but when Jake is in my OHs car we don't usually lock the doors (although i am trying to remember to do that so we have done more so recently)... i don't really worry about someone carjacking the car with us in it (especially when my OH is the size he is!). He does however make me lock the car if he leaves me in it (if he pops into a shop etc), after a guy once jumped in the car to move it when i was in it alone... OH came out to me screaming at the guy, him screaming back at me and calling me every name under the sun... now, he won't leave me in the car alone if it is unlocked.
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-06-2011, 05:29 AM
Originally Posted by one.eyed.dog View Post
I am paranoid about it too. Always lock the car door now even if the dog is not in there.
Me too - again, with or without a dog on board.....

Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >