View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
TomtheLurcher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-06-2011, 10:25 PM
Woh so jealous , lots of you guys have such beautiful areas to walk your doggies , here are some pics of my local walks

Our own little field

Cannock Chase

Sandpit in the garden !

My local daily walk

We are very lucky really to have choices and to have such a nice local area to walk on a daily basis , a beach would make it perfect !
Tassle
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-06-2011, 10:45 PM
A couple of our other walks -
This is a local Swimming haunt....

A local small woods -

A local NT place

Dobermann
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-06-2011, 12:15 PM

krlyr
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-06-2011, 12:48 PM
We used to go to Harmondsworth Moor a lot, want to start going back there again a bit more often. It's a nice mix, open places to run -

Swim

Get filthy

Nice easy paths for OH, I get the feeling a challenging terrain would put him off joining me on dog walks for life

However, I do have a lovely walk right on my doorstep - literally can climb through my fence and have the dogs off-lead straight away (though they do go back on-lead for some parts of it). Took some pictures of one of the routes we do one day
Farm lane (our house is a few hundred yards down, on the same private lane)

One of the big fields we walk around

Leads into this big meadow full of long grass

A little lake, hadn't actually been in this until recently but we had a wander in when Amanda came over with Cain. My two just don't "do" swimming like Cain does though!

This leads onto another field of long grass, not much in here and you have to stick to the flattened grass "path" through the middle or you end up stung/scratched to bits, but on a longline the dogs love to dive in and out of the grass (sometimes find deer in here, so can't let them off-lead)

Onto another big open stretch, again with a little lake. Kiki once disturbed a couple who'd decided it was a lovely romantic place to have a lovely romantic tryst..whoops

When we reach the end, we can turn back and do the whole thing again, or head down a path onto the road and do a complete circle back to the house. Alternatively, there's footpaths leading into town if we want a longer walk - these pass through some horse fields and the back of an allotment, so nice and quiet

We're right around the corner from Virginia Water lakes but unfortunately too much wildlife for Kiki and too much dog traffic for Casper to make for relaxing walks - one day we'll get to the point we can have that as our regular walk, I hope! There's a slightly less busy country park next to my mum that we've been to a few times. I've been to Richmond Park with Amanda which was nice, though we had a certain time to get home by - would like to go over with a whole day to just amble around getting as lost as I possibly can, but the amount of dogs/people did mean it wasn't quite such a relaxing walk (funnily, it was Kiki causing the most noise - think she wanted to go off-lead but I didn't trust her with all the potential animals to chase!) and not sure OH will volunteer to join me for that very quickly
Sara
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-06-2011, 01:15 PM
Ohhh I'll have to get in on this... later, I need to go to bed right now, or I'm not gonna get up for work on time! LOL
Razcox
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-06-2011, 01:46 PM
Some lovely places to walk eveyone and a great thread. Here are my local haunts:

First off we have the local park in donnington:

Then just up our road is a bit of land and woods called the snake:

Complete with a nice stinky pond!

A short drive away there is the dogs very fave place Piorslee lake:

We then have Granville park which is about 2 mins away and on my parents doorstep

A longer drive will take you to the Telford town park which is massive with lots of places to go.

Lastly we have Ercall wood which is a bigger walk for the people as its all uphill! Its a lovely place though.

We have a couple more we go on when visiting family but those are the main ones
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-06-2011, 04:25 PM
Oh I'm really loving seeing these pics of your local walks, and that waterfall there of yours Natalie - Zena would be off the top of that in a shot!!!!

I've got loads and loads of woodland to walk in when it's hot here's some of them

These are old pics coz I remember I had to have Zena on a longline in there in case I lost her!!

Then more open fields nearby to these

I will take the camera out next time I walk across Gifford's gallops coz that's a really nice walk (still uphill though ) and a bit hairy walking through the fields of racehorses coz they sometimes come hurfing over to play
rik
Dogsey Junior
Male 

23-06-2011, 05:12 PM
Great pictures. The woods, the mountains, and of course water. That 's were you want to be with your dog

This is one of our favorite spots.

My wife Catlin in action in that area you see above.

My daughter and Paco on the other side of that lake

And two panorama photos

Dobermann
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-06-2011, 06:40 PM
wow, EVERYONE on this thread has posted great photos

Its really nice to see and its better than the Visit Britain site lol
Dobermann
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-06-2011, 06:41 PM
wonder how many of us would see all this on a daily basis if we didn't have dogs?
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >