Our sister sites
Our sister sites
werewolf
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-05-2011, 07:29 PM
Originally Posted by CuteRotts View Post
Adapt?
I rang Landywoods yesterday and was told "sorry we're not taking on new customers, call back in 12 weeks".
They sound great! Not!!!!
So they haven't changed that much then! I never experienced very good customer care when I used to use them. And their range was very limited compared to DAF and the food would arrive half defrosted and the packets would stick to each other, due to this when frozen! Oh and I ordered some bones once and there was excrement on them!!!!!!!!!!!!! YUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
CuteRotts
Dogsey Senior
Female 

03-06-2011, 10:12 AM
Well I've done it. I've placed my first ever order!
Due Monday - I'll let you know if it's any good
werewolf
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-06-2011, 10:35 AM
Originally Posted by CuteRotts View Post
Well I've done it. I've placed my first ever order!
Due Monday - I'll let you know if it's any good
I take it you did go with DAF? The food was fine when we used to use them. The only thing I wasn't happy with was the beef chunks. They used to look just like they had come from a local butcher def fit for a human consumption. Then they changed, DAF said it was simply they were machine cut rather than hand cut. Shunka said no it is different cuts of meat, he stuck his nose up and it did look different too, no longer did it look like butcher bought meat for a human. Not sure how they come now, whether hand cut or machine cut................. I hope you are pleased with your order when it arrives. Keep us posted x
TomtheLurcher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-06-2011, 11:32 AM
It is a pity you cant find a good local butcher , I am so lucky with mine

He gives me Lamb Neck and chicken carcasses for free

Lamb ribs 50p a pound

Tripe,Liver ,heart and kidney 20 p a pound

Bones free

Off cut mince 20p a pound

I think he is happy to have an outlet for the meats he couldnt sell for humans just because of different tastes these days not related to the quality and I have been tempted to use some of the lamb for us !

We do buy all our meat and veg from him so have been regular customers for years and there are 3 of us who get our dogs raw diet from him and we can buy it weekly which helps with storage but there are not many independent local butchers left methinks ! The beauty of living in a small village and supporting the local shops .
TabithaJ
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-06-2011, 11:55 AM
Originally Posted by TomtheLurcher View Post
It is a pity you cant find a good local butcher , I am so lucky with mine

He gives me Lamb Neck and chicken carcasses for free

Lamb ribs 50p a pound

Tripe,Liver ,heart and kidney 20 p a pound

Bones free

Off cut mince 20p a pound

I think he is happy to have an outlet for the meats he couldnt sell for humans just because of different tastes these days not related to the quality and I have been tempted to use some of the lamb for us !

We do buy all our meat and veg from him so have been regular customers for years and there are 3 of us who get our dogs raw diet from him and we can buy it weekly which helps with storage but there are not many independent local butchers left methinks ! The beauty of living in a small village and supporting the local shops .

That is great. I wish we had a local butcher!
CuteRotts
Dogsey Senior
Female 

12-06-2011, 04:02 PM
Well I got my order from DAF and I don't know about me being pleased with it but the boys are definitely giving it a thumbs up (well paws-up at least).

We got minced chicken, mince beef, mixed offal chunks, chicken carcasses and beef knuckles. The freezer is crammed to capacity and for about 40 quid I didn't think that was at all bad!

We had a barbeque with some friends last night and the monsters are usually a pain from start to finish. We gave them a beef knuckle each and didn't see them all night. It was lovely
werewolf
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-06-2011, 04:30 PM
Great xxxx
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3