Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-05-2011, 10:02 PM
You sound a very caring person xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Huge hugs from us and the gang.....and positive vibes being sent your way.

Good luck with getting better and Im sure Bruce and you will be back on track very very soon xxx
musky
Dogsey Senior
Female 

15-05-2011, 10:41 PM
Originally Posted by SLB View Post
I thought I was having a tough time - looks like we're in adjacent boats.

I can't offer much but I can offer cyber hugs and an ear to talk to if you need one or rather it be two eyes to read with...

I wish you every happiness, Bruce will understand, as long as you play with him and challenge him mentally he will be fine He knows you love him! If I was closer I could've walked him for you sadly it sucks that I am not closer as I love rotties and their big hugs and cuddles and it would've helped us both

Hugs and slobbery kisses (from the dogs not me ) coming your way..

x x x
Thanks SLB, I can't believe how this thread has really helped me, it has lifted my spirits, I know Bruce would have liked the cuddles,

Originally Posted by Lou View Post
I know how you feel, I live with a spinal condition Somedays I can't even walk...It's a nightmare.

If I were you, I'd go back to the doctor, and ask them to take you seriously. If you could drive again it'd stop you feeling so isolated.

Thinking of you *Hugs* I'm always around if you need a chat xx
Thank you Lou for your support, I am so sorry to hear you have health issues

Originally Posted by werewolf View Post
Bless you xxxx You sound like a lovely person. We all go through low times. I am sure your dogs are happy and well looked after and as Akita Girl has said, they adapt xxxxXx I hope you are feeling better about things soon xxxXXxXXxXXxxX

Thanks werewolf

Originally Posted by youngstevie View Post
You sound a very caring person xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Huge hugs from us and the gang.....and positive vibes being sent your way.

Good luck with getting better and Im sure Bruce and you will be back on track very very soon xxx
Thank you youngstevie
Tupacs2legs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-05-2011, 10:45 PM
{{{{hugs}}}} and woo's from here

i completely understand where you are coming from...u are not alone

where would we be without our fur babes eh? (or them to worry about )
musky
Dogsey Senior
Female 

16-05-2011, 08:46 PM
Originally Posted by Tupacs2legs View Post
{{{{hugs}}}} and woo's from here

i completely understand where you are coming from...u are not alone

where would we be without our fur babes eh? (or them to worry about )
Thanks Tupacs2legs, the support is much appreciated
talassie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-05-2011, 07:21 AM
I think when your role in life has been to look after others it is particularly hard to lose much of your independence and have to rely on other people. It will take time to adjust and of course you will feel you have lost yourself because your life has changed so much.

Perhaps you could see a different doctor who is more sympathetic.

I sometimes worry that my dogs are not getting what they need at times. But I remind myself of all the sad and badly treated dogs in the world and I know that mine are loved and cared for and that is good enough. We can only do the best we can.
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-05-2011, 07:25 AM
I'm so sorry to read of the hard times you are experiencing, I have to agree with the others, Dogsey is the place to be if you need support, the members on here have always picked me up and helped me through.

Please remember that you're not alone and we will all be here for you.

I hope things take an upward turn for you very soon xx
musky
Dogsey Senior
Female 

17-05-2011, 01:41 PM
talassie I think when your role in life has been to look after others it is particularly hard to lose much of your independence and have to rely on other people. It will take time to adjust and of course you will feel you have lost yourself because your life has changed so much.
Perhaps you could see a different doctor who is more sympathetic.
I sometimes worry that my dogs are not getting what they need at times. But I remind myself of all the sad and badly treated dogs in the world and I know that mine are loved and cared for and that is good enough. We can only do the best we can.
Thank you for your reply, yes you are so right about looking after people and now to find that it is now me, is very hard, I hate asking people to do anything, even my OH who has been very understanding and patient, but i know he finds it hard, he worries that i will fall while he is out. there are other doctors at the surgery where i go, so i suppose i could make an appointment with one of the other doctors, I'm afraid i have loss all confidence in doctors after the last few years.
I'm sure Bruce,Poppy & Megan are OK, i think i worry to much about everything
musky
Dogsey Senior
Female 

17-05-2011, 01:45 PM
Originally Posted by scorpio View Post
I'm so sorry to read of the hard times you are experiencing, I have to agree with the others, Dogsey is the place to be if you need support, the members on here have always picked me up and helped me through.

Please remember that you're not alone and we will all be here for you.

I hope things take an upward turn for you very soon xx
Thanks scorpio it's brilliant the amount of support i have received from everyone on dogsey
talassie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-05-2011, 02:19 PM
Originally Posted by musky View Post
there are other doctors at the surgery where i go, so i suppose i could make an appointment with one of the other doctors, I'm afraid i have loss all confidence in doctors after the last few years.
Doctors are trained to look after physical ailments and are not necessarily emotionally aware. That depends so much on their personality. I think it would be worth trying to find one that you can relate to. I think it would make a difference if you felt you were really being listened to.
k9paw
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-05-2011, 04:05 PM
You've had/have an awful lot going and know it's hard accepting help sometimes but everyone needs some at times so please don't feel bad. I think seeing a different doctor(counselling if you think it will help, n often can) and finding advice re your driving license is a good idea. Bruce, Poppy n Megan will be fine, they love and are loved(there's nothing like dog cuddles). There are some good folks here on Dogsey who are here for you and wish for all of you to be happy. Sending a hug (x)
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >