Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Krusewalker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

26-04-2011, 08:53 PM
Originally Posted by smokeybear View Post
I see the cost of nannies will go up then as they wheel their Silver Cross prams through the park. And will teachers choose to walk their charges elsewhere now?
no, as it only applies to personal fitness trainers
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

26-04-2011, 08:55 PM
Except of course personal trainers who use a gym's facilities have access to all the gym members to sign up and get to use all the gyms equipment too, in the park they use the grass and the paths just like the rest of us. Use of parks are free to joe public but joe public also have to pay to use a gym so not sure I follow the logic
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-04-2011, 09:02 PM
I wonder how this will affect insurance?
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-04-2011, 08:32 AM
Originally Posted by smokeybear View Post
I see the cost of nannies will go up then as they wheel their Silver Cross prams through the park. And will teachers choose to walk their charges elsewhere now?
We have to pay to use a park or public space if we are using it in an organised group. If the event doesn`t affect the public`s use of the park and is a non-profit event it is waived. If the event excludes the public you have to pay and have insurance of 10 million.
So maybe these `new` charges aren`t that different - it`s merely that councils are extending them to new users?
I got really fed up one day when arriving at a park to find a woman running a dog training class in the middle of the field as it meant we couldn`t use it.
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-04-2011, 09:52 AM
I got really fed up one day when arriving at a park to find a woman running a dog training class in the middle of the field as it meant we couldn`t use it.

I can imagine, I have, in the past toddled out with my baby (it was the dim and distant past) on a summer day, with blanket, picnic and toys etc only to be greeted by thousands (well it appeared like thousands) of runners and harris fencing.....................
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3