Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Petticoat
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-04-2011, 01:30 PM
Names for next dogs...
Piper, Miller, Scout, Jaxx, Ruby, Bean, Neo etc... but it won't be for awhile yet I think
Collie Convert
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-04-2011, 02:21 PM
Maverick was called cash to begin with but i quickly realised it didnt suit him so he became maverick.

I still like the name cash, but as my dogs seems to have a film characters theme(not on purpose) i will probably stick with that....if I get another male (doubtful) I would call him "goose" then i have maverick and goose from top gun!!!

My next bitch....well its a while off but im not really sure...will have to research some female movie characters!!!
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-04-2011, 02:25 PM
I've got so many names lined up if I get another dog...I know I can have as many as I want once we've moved, but I'm still thinking that just the one is the way I want to go at the moment.

However, if we were blessed with a new little bundle, then it would be Elkie if it were a girl and Eden for a boy
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-04-2011, 03:24 PM
We have an "ie" theme running, my neighbour started it with her kids - all their names end in "ey" and she was going to do the same with Sadie but I insisted that it was "ie" on the end.

So we have Sadie, Louie and Benjie, not sure what our next dog will be but it'll have "ie" on the end - also makes for good recall - you can shout them all back and only have to use one name due to the sound on the end - cheater aren't I

Collie Convert - what films are Sadie and Ripley from? Or are they before the theme began?
Pilgrim
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-04-2011, 03:27 PM
I have absolutely know idea I never know what a dog is going to be called until I see it. Just because I like a name does not mean it is meant for and will suit my new dog

I prefer to let them choose their own name, and believe me, they do
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-04-2011, 03:34 PM
Originally Posted by Pilgrim View Post
I have absolutely know idea I never know what a dog is going to be called until I see it. Just because I like a name does not mean it is meant for and will suit my new dog

I prefer to let them choose their own name, and believe me, they do
That's my method too - as long as they choose one with "ie" on the end

Can you imagine placing a dog on the floor with little cards with different names on and asking them to choose a name - hahaa, I think that tea I just drank has been there a while
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-04-2011, 03:40 PM
Ripley from Alien
labradork
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-04-2011, 03:57 PM
Originally Posted by smokeybear View Post
Ripley from Alien
Or Ripley from The Talented Mr. Ripley
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-04-2011, 04:04 PM
Originally Posted by MadisonSale View Post
just been browsing the net for some unique pet names and it gave me the idea to ask you guys

if you were to get a new dog ... what would you call him/her and why?
Treacle, just because I love that name......
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-04-2011, 08:33 PM
I like unique names too and I have a Kyiro at the moment, and I havn't heard the name spelt like that before.
I have also had a Tico before which I had never come across, Oh and a Chocky too
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >