Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
tillytheterrier
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-04-2011, 07:48 PM
Originally Posted by leadstaffs View Post
I am fighting stomach problems at the moment the vet prescribed Zantac 75mg half tablet 2 times a day.

Note vet charged me £8.21 for 7 tablets and I bought 12 from boots same thing same dose for £3.45

That is for a at the moment 30lb Stafford.
Tesco, Asda and Superdrug all do own brand versions of Zantac. Same drug, half the price!
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-04-2011, 07:58 PM
Thanks Natalie.
Hubby will not entertain the idea of raw, so I will have to try and work around that.
Probiotics and live yogurt will apparently negate the effect of lactose intolerance.
She would indeed eat fish and I have taken some out of the freezer to do for her tomorrow.
Because she has not eaten I have just given her a bit of tuna on top of her kibbles, guess what she ate it all
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-04-2011, 08:08 PM
Yes dogs can get stomach ulcers and they can have Zantac liquid.
If this keeps up and you are worried then I would ask the vet for an endescope to find out once and for all what is going on.
In the meantime try Zantac (you can get it from your vet) and change the protein source she has.
Dobermann
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-04-2011, 08:11 PM
Originally Posted by Nippy View Post
Thanks Natalie.
Hubby will not entertain the idea of raw, so I will have to try and work around that.
Probiotics and live yogurt will apparently negate the effect of lactose intolerance.
She would indeed eat fish and I have taken some out of the freezer to do for her tomorrow.
Because she has not eaten I have just given her a bit of tuna on top of her kibbles, guess what she ate it all
cheeky girl!

perhaps diced, boiled chicken breast and the powder and yoghurt then?
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-04-2011, 08:28 AM
Well she slept all night no sickness, but I won't get too excited.
As yet she hasn't eaten her breakfast, I will try her again when she gets back from her walk.
k9paw
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-04-2011, 03:28 PM
Am glad you had a better night, how's Pepsi doing now? Hope you're all ok x
suecurrie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-04-2011, 03:34 PM
Glad Pepsi had a good night and hope she is ok today. x
SarahJade
Dogsey Senior
Female 

26-04-2011, 08:44 PM
Glad to hear she is doing better, and wasn't sick during the night.
It does sound quite similar to my situation, the difference being that my lad will eat morning, noon and night, and any time in between. But we find the more small meals during the day, and the later the one on the night the better he does. Even so he is randomly sick during the night, whether he has eaten grass or not, or even if he has just eaten his dry food and nothing else for the past few days. Seems totally random. He can be sick just one night, or many in a row. Some times (rarely) during the day, but is usually early morning or middle of the night. Doesn't seem to bother him and he is always fine in the morning.
He did however have parvo as a pup and we were told this could be a side effect if he survived (which thankfully he did). He also has a thickening of he intestines. Maybe an ultrasound could show something? Or an endoscope to see if there is something going on. I wouldn't give any meds without talking to your vet first. And keep a close eye the first few times she has anything new, just in case.

Oh sometimes it helps get Cookie going in the morning if I hand feed him the first bits of his food, or put it in a kong. Just to get him going, once he has had a few nibbles he is happy eating out of his bowl. Again something which started after his parvo episode, and maybe an idea to try. Good luck with the fish. Scrambled egg (made with goats milk ) is also a hit over hear.
Elaine
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-04-2011, 09:53 PM
Dont they just like to worry us!!!!

I keep some Pro-kolin in as any one of mine sometimes just does "sick" and I find this stuff helps. It is cheaper to get it on-line.

Hope you get to the bottom of it, but as Pepsi is a rescue you dont really know what went on before. It might have been on-going most of her life, poor baby.

Good Luck any way and a hug to Pepsi.
xx
doggirl
Dogsey Junior
Female 

26-04-2011, 10:17 PM
Originally Posted by leadstaffs View Post
I am fighting stomach problems at the moment the vet prescribed Zantac 75mg half tablet 2 times a day.

Note vet charged me £8.21 for 7 tablets and I bought 12 from boots same thing same dose for £3.45

That is for a at the moment 30lb Stafford.
same here with naz he has been diagniosed with colitus(i think thats how its spelt) a severe form of colic vet advised 4cc of zantac 2x daily for a 28kg dog also try a lump of butter it was one of the things that helped naz. hope hes feeling better soon.
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >