Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
HollyG1
Dogsey Senior
Female 

11-04-2011, 12:11 PM
Originally Posted by Crysania View Post
How awfully sad. That poor dog. I remember seeing a similar a similar story about a dog who was found frozen to a sidewalk.

OMG!!!!
In a way it's lucky the dog was overweight.
It's owner couldn't move the elderly dog and decided to 'check on it' in almost freezing temperatures.
This is why i think licenses should be bought back or homes should be carefully monitored by vets etc. I know it would cost a lot but worth it for the safety of the animals
chaz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-04-2011, 12:20 PM
Poor girl, I would hate to know how she's feeling, and I can't imagine the strain on her hips and other joints, how could she be allowed to get that bad?
spockky boy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-04-2011, 12:47 PM
Very sad. Atleast the dog can recieve the care that she needs now.
HiHoSilver
Dogsey Senior
Male 

11-04-2011, 01:02 PM
Licenses do nothing to protect against mistreatment!Driving licenses don't do much to stop bad drivers either though with them at least you have to drive properly once and they can be revoked.
You don't have to pass a test to get a dog license!
And overfeeding an animal can get you in court for cruelty,a labrador owner was convicted of exactly that a few years ago in the UK.
Personally I think it is stupid to prosecute that type of cruelty as more often than not it's ignorance,not ill intent.
The owner of this poor dog was able to get to the chipper (unless your chippers deliver over there now?) so I'm not buying that she was unable to walk the dog.
Petticoat
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-04-2011, 02:01 PM
I'm sorry but whatever way you look at it, the poor dog was failed... I think its so so sad
HiHoSilver
Dogsey Senior
Male 

11-04-2011, 04:05 PM
Originally Posted by Petticoat View Post
I'm sorry but whatever way you look at it, the poor dog was failed... I think its so so sad
You're quite right,poor dog.Lets hope it recovers with no lasting ill effects
scottyvdub
Dogsey Senior
Male 

11-04-2011, 04:52 PM
poor thing, some sort of swimming exercise would help, the dog could exercise and have the weight lifted from its joints and bones. but i guess the dog is in the right hands now.
HollyG1
Dogsey Senior
Female 

11-04-2011, 05:02 PM
Originally Posted by scottyvdub View Post
poor thing, some sort of swimming exercise would help, the dog could exercise and have the weight lifted from its joints and bones. but i guess the dog is in the right hands now.
It would be good for them to consider when she can take the stress easier (having all of the gear put on her and put in water won't help her at the moment) it'll be good to see her looking like a normal collie again
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3