Almost a Veteran
Female 

31-03-2011, 08:57 PM
Phew that's good,Hope you don't need it though
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-03-2011, 09:07 PM
Oh fingers and toes and things all crossed here........come on doggy, it's only a bit of plastic - no need to hang on to it.
Elaine
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-03-2011, 09:41 PM
OMG!!! Hope you get a "result" over the weekend.
tokiayla
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-03-2011, 10:28 PM
Hope you see something pink in the next few days - fingers crossed for you...
Strangechilde
Dogsey Senior
Female 

01-04-2011, 04:46 AM
I'm so glad you have the funds. We've been lucky enough to be able to keep up the insurance... it's been extremely good to have.

You're doing great. If he's eating/peeing/pooping normally all's good so far, but keep a close eye on him. If he shows any weird behaviours like straining to poop but nothing comes out, retching but nothing comes out, unexplainable hiding or shivering, or anything else that you think might signify pain, the spatula might be causing a blockage. It's a big spatula, and it could take some time to come out normally, but if it gets stuck you'll need to get him to the emergency vet as soon as possible. Tell them exactly what he's swallowed and when. The surgery to remove it is relatively routine and not too big a deal, but the timing is very important: the sooner the better. Your vet is right: silicone doesn't always show up on X-rays, so until you see that tell-tale pink in the poop you might not be able to know where it is. Feel his belly regularly. It should be nice and soft. If it seems distended or hard, he should go in to the vet right away.

Here's hoping that excellent Spaniel digestive tract Just Deals With It!
pancake
Dogsey Junior
Female 

01-04-2011, 08:16 AM
Originally Posted by EGYPTGAL View Post
Oh gosh come on and squeeze it out! Are you insured ? we had a problem with an eaten fish hook last year which cost £1700 hope you are...sending vibes for an easy solution to this.XX
What sort of aftercare did your dog need? regarding feeding etc?
pancake
Dogsey Junior
Female 

01-04-2011, 10:37 AM
Poo Watch Day 3.5 = Nowt!
EgyptGal
Almost a Veteran
Female 

01-04-2011, 02:47 PM
Originally Posted by pancake View Post
What sort of aftercare did your dog need? regarding feeding etc?
He stayed a few days at the emergency vets just on a drip no food, and then just light food chicken rice for a few days then just small meals untill his stitches came out after a few weeks and no excercise,Luckily he wasn't interested in excercise can't say he wasn't bothered about the lack of food as he's a greedy beagle Really hope you don't have to deal with this though comee on SQUEEZE!!
pancake
Dogsey Junior
Female 

01-04-2011, 05:53 PM
Many thanks, our vet did say if he does well he should only be in overnight,

I'm starting to get the jitters about this now, the vet said that it would only show up on an xray if there was a blockage/partial blockage or gas build up, now considering he isn't blocked up, he is pooing normal amounts etc I'm not sure what putting him under GA is going to achieve? its a rock & a hard place situation, I'm concerned becasue of his heart murmur, they said if nothing was found on the xray they wouldn't operate so I feel a bit in limbo over this
Strangechilde
Dogsey Senior
Female 

01-04-2011, 05:59 PM
Are they giving him GA just for an X-ray? That seems excessive...
Page 3 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »