View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Luluco
New Member!
Female 

14-03-2011, 10:18 PM
Syd does not bark, even when he needs letting outside, he will nudge you to get your attention. He only makes a noise if he hears something outside or if you play with him. He also gets his ball and drops it on you with a light growl trying to entice you to take it from him, all part of his clever way to say 'i want to fetch this for you in the park!'
Moon's Mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-03-2011, 10:23 PM
Ah the Toller Holler From my research and talking with owners the general concensus seems to be that they generally aren't great barkers but can make their lovely scream which hyped up!

Tollies............never heard of them, that makes me sad There's only like 500 tollers in the UK as it is, why muck with the gene pool? Designer cross breeds make me mad!
Luluco
New Member!
Female 

14-03-2011, 10:38 PM
Oh no, Syd is no designer breed (as far as I know) he is a rescue dog. I don't believe in designer breeds at all Moon's mum.
Moon's Mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-03-2011, 10:45 PM
Sorry, that wasn't a dig at you If you had a designer crossbreed then you wouldn't have to guess if Syd had toller in him! I worded that badly. Don't get me wrong, I love crossbreeds and I own one, deliberate poor breeding of designer crossbreeds just irks me.

I hope you manage to work out how to put up photos soon. I for one would love to see Syd, he sounds very handsome
scotia
Dogsey Junior
Female 

14-03-2011, 10:56 PM
Originally Posted by Moon's Mum View Post
I love crossbreeds and I own one, deliberate poor breeding of designer crossbreeds just irks me.
Deliberate poor breeding of designer crossbreeds annoys me as well, but the 'Tollies' that I know about were from health tested parents, sold at a nominal price or donated as working dogs, and the breeder would be horrified if any of them ended up in rescue.
Moon's Mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-03-2011, 11:03 PM
Originally Posted by scotia View Post
Deliberate poor breeding of designer crossbreeds annoys me as well, but the 'Tollies' that I know about were from health tested parents, sold at a nominal price or donated as working dogs, and the breeder would be horrified if any of them ended up in rescue.
Well that's good to know. I just hope the cockapoo/cavadoodle/bullshihtz BYBs don't hear about them and think it's a good idea! Personally I love tollers as they are and I'm still not mad on the idea of deliberately crossing them, but if it's going to be done it should at least be done for a function (eg to produce a good working dog) and responsibly (health tests etc), rather than to make a fashionable dog with a silly name for money. To me a toller is far too gorgeous to cross, I love 'em how they are and I can't wait to own one
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3