View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
esmed
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-03-2011, 12:34 AM
I met my OH through friends. At the time my friend S had a friend (k) who was dating richs friend mark. Anyway me, s and k and her OH Mark went out to our local village to watch the firework display (nov 5th). After the fireworks were over K and mark wanted up get a taxi into town to meet up with Mark's friends and that's when I first met Rich.

We got chatting and hit it off and spent most the evening chatting and I just remember feeling really relaxed around him. We chatted some more and then he used a really cheesy chat up line that I still tease him about to this day and we shared our first kiss.

We went out on a proper date the week later and got on like a house on fire and 6 years later we're finally getting married!

The nice thing is we met on nov 5th, we got engaged on nov 5th and this year we get married on nov 5th and I can't wait!!
Phil
Fondly Remembered
Male 

13-03-2011, 12:41 AM
Originally Posted by Fudgeley View Post
First week,first term,of University....have been together ever since...27 years.....17 years of them married.
I'll always remember you bringing him home to meet your brothers

Can't believe that's 27 years ago
Phil
Fondly Remembered
Male 

13-03-2011, 01:01 AM
I met Karen on a ferry in the North Sea - Nov 7th 1989.

I was 17 coming back from a college trip to Belgium and Karen was 15 also returning from a school trip.

The ferry was an overnight 11 hr crossing with a disco etc. We kind of hit it off and had a good night.

Unfortunately we missed each other before leaving the boat but with a name and a village name - I managed to track down a relative and eventually made contact a couple of weeks later and became what I guess you call pen pals.

I turned up on her parent's doorstep the following summer whilst on holiday and we spent the next few years constantly writing and calling - I annoyed her boyfriends, she annoyed my girlfriends then in 1993 we found ourselves single and decided the only possible way forward was to get together and see what happened.

We spent the next 2 years (me in Warrington and Karen in Edinburgh) taking turns in going up or coming down and in 1995 I decided to make the move North of the border and we settled together in Perth.

We Married in 1999, Hannah came along in 2000, Fiona in 2008 and bump is due any day now.

Hard to believe that it's 22 years since we met - where does the time go !
PerthLady
Dogsey Junior
Female 

13-03-2011, 01:06 AM
I met my partner at secondary school in the first year. We didn't really like each other too much then but a year later we became really good mates and he actually became my best mate. He then started going out with another girl at the school and I saw them together and felt angry and sick... my first taste of jealousy. It ended up coming out and we got together. 4 and a half years later (we're both only 19) and we live together, are engaged, getting married in October and just got our first puppy

Some really lovely and touching stories from other members xx
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-03-2011, 08:06 AM
Baz was my step-son-in-law.......

Oh, the shame.....
Cachapman710
Dogsey Senior
Female 

13-03-2011, 09:09 AM
We used to go to the same school. I am a little older and he was my brothers best mate. He was also my very first bf many years ago.
Anyway 28 years later he made contact with my brother through F B. And that is how we got together!
Cachapman710
Dogsey Senior
Female 

13-03-2011, 09:10 AM
Originally Posted by Vicki View Post
Baz was my step-son-in-law.......

Oh, the shame.....
I love it!
Northernsoulgirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-03-2011, 09:47 AM
Well I met Bill 5 times. The first was when I was married and he came to assess the car I had written off! the second time was when I saw him at a New Years Eve disco during my divorce and we spoke. The third time was when we spoke about a damaged car on the phone - I was working for an Insurance Assessor at the time - the fourth time was at a local shop and the fifth time was after he gave me a couple of tyres for my car and said I could pay him by going out for a drink with him and standing the first round! The rest, as they say, is history. I always say we were meant to be we had so many chances.... he says I was lucky to get him as I turned him down a few times before! lol
Sweep
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-03-2011, 09:55 AM
Met my OH at a Fairground...I was still at School & he had just joined Royal Navy......long story short, married in 1976(had 2 children 1978 & 1983) seperated for 1 yr in 1988 got back together & have been together ever since.
We celebrate our Coral Wedding Anniversary(35yrs) in July
Tillymint
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-03-2011, 11:11 AM
Second time around for us both,
Online in a chatroom
We chatted online for about 3 months, then we chatted on the phone for 1 month, then we met & moved in together within 7 weeks
We've been married 10 years this year & still blissfully in love
Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >