View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
chaz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-03-2011, 09:56 AM
Yep, I live in town centre, if I go out on market day without the dogs I'm always questioned about their wearabouts, I also went to pic up a couple of kids for someone from nursery and was told by a few people that they reconisged me, then they remembered that I was 'the lady with the Greyhounds', it happens quite a lot, although it does make me wonder sometimes what Honey and Diesel have been doing...
angied
Dogsey Senior
Female 

10-03-2011, 09:57 AM
yes im well known in my village lol walking 4 of mine at a time if any are missing i get people come up and ask whats happened to the one missing!
Sara
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-03-2011, 11:12 AM
All the time! People are always telling me about the deaf dog they saw at ____ and the white Weiner Dog they saw at _____ or the abused little dog they see around here... LOL I dont always have all the dogs, and I really smile when someone tells me a story about MY deaf dogs... Like I'm invisible

people are rather embarrassed when I tell them that yes, I've seen the dog in question.... he/she's mine LOL

That's what you get for doing alot of public events with your dogs...
x-clo-x
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-03-2011, 11:28 AM
im known as the "one with the bald thing" lovely neighbours i have... the people that actually know me understand there is alot more to asbo than being bald however people judge on what they see.
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-03-2011, 01:00 PM
We are Mr & Mrs Wolf, and Holly is Miss Wolf, in all the various pubs we frequent with the dogs!

Isn't it strange how doggy people never forget dogs' names, but can never remember the owners. We meet so many people of course when out with the boys, and I forget them and their names at the drop of a hat, but never their dogs!
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-03-2011, 01:05 PM
Originally Posted by Gnasher View Post
We are Mr & Mrs Wolf, and Holly is Miss Wolf, in all the various pubs we frequent with the dogs!

Isn't it strange how doggy people never forget dogs' names, but can never remember the owners. We meet so many people of course when out with the boys, and I forget them and their names at the drop of a hat, but never their dogs!
Lol I'll buy that! The lady I walk with most mornings with her little jrt is always calling me Zena!!!! She always corrects herself afterwards, and I told her that Zena's name is Helen, and then maybe she might get my name right!!!
one.eyed.dog
Dogsey Senior
Female 

10-03-2011, 02:10 PM
I went to a friends garage years ago. Got out of the car and he came running over and said "OMG what has happened to Lucy?" I told him she was at home asleep and he replied that he thought something awful had happened to her as we were normally "joined at the hip"

I have had people speak to me in the street and I don't have a clue who they are as I don't recognise them "Dressed" IE. Not covered in mud with a dog.
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-03-2011, 08:16 PM
Originally Posted by chaz View Post
Yep, I live in town centre, if I go out on market day without the dogs I'm always questioned about their wearabouts, I also went to pic up a couple of kids for someone from nursery and was told by a few people that they reconisged me, then they remembered that I was 'the lady with the Greyhounds', it happens quite a lot, although it does make me wonder sometimes what Honey and Diesel have been doing...
Many moons ago when I was self employed working from home, I would go to our local market every Tuesday and Friday with Hal. The odd time now I am at home on those days and go into town, I still get people coming up to me asking me "where's Hal"! It's lovely, it makes me think he's still with me. Well, he is I suppose, through his son Ben. Never taken Ben shopping though, he would piss on every stall, and eat everything he could get hold of!!
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-03-2011, 08:17 PM
Originally Posted by x-clo-x View Post
im known as the "one with the bald thing" lovely neighbours i have... the people that actually know me understand there is alot more to asbo than being bald however people judge on what they see.
Oh dear, that's sad, having met a chinese crested now in the flesh as it were, I agree with you 100%. The name alone suggests a real character!!!
Tessabelle
Almost a Veteran
Female 

10-03-2011, 09:02 PM
My OH and Bentley are pretty famous as he rides his bike to work with Bentley in his rucksack on his back, just his head poking out nosing at everyone
I was walking him one day and a random approached me and asked if he was the 'piggy back pup' !!
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >