View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Wozzy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-03-2011, 03:04 PM
Dont come off the A50 at the Donington exit if thats what you mean cos you've come off too early then!

This postcode will get you onto the right road in Ticknall and then you just continue until you see the layby.

DE73 7JZ (think that should bring up Main Street).
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-03-2011, 03:05 PM
Oh another thing - I take it dogs are allowed to swim - I don't want to encourage him to take chase to water fowl but I would love to see him swim in something other than a deep puddle.
Wozzy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-03-2011, 03:07 PM
I've had my lot swimming in there. I dont think technically you are supposed to since it's a drinking water source but it cant be any worse than ducks crapping in the water!
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-03-2011, 03:10 PM
Originally Posted by Leanne_W View Post
Dont come off the A50 at the Donington exit if thats what you mean cos you've come off too early then!

This postcode will get you onto the right road in Ticknall and then you just continue until you see the layby.

DE73 7JZ (think that should bring up Main Street).
Oh well thanks for the postcode - hopefully I'll make it without any problems.

Edit:

Postcode will take us to main street to I have to turn off anywhere or carry on that road?
Wozzy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-03-2011, 05:41 PM
Nope, dont turn off, just keep on that road, I dont think it's much further along from Main Street.
Collie Convert
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-03-2011, 05:50 PM
My dogs will no doubt be going for a dunk- they always do and nobody has ever said anything to me!

As leanne says, dont turn off- its the same road through ticknall, there will be a sharp left bend at the end of the village but just stay on the road and its about 2/3 minutes past there- the layby is directly off the main road.

edit: i guess it wouldve been easier to meet at the main carpark but im stingy when it comes to paying for parking!!!
Wozzy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-03-2011, 06:05 PM
Originally Posted by Collie Convert View Post
edit: i guess it wouldve been easier to meet at the main carpark but im stingy when it comes to paying for parking!!!
Dont blame you, I hate paying for parking too. I never pay at Calke or Sherwood Forest, I just park somewhere else!
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-03-2011, 06:38 PM
You may be getting a phonecall or text when we're at main street, lol, I'm printing out the directions of Google earth tomorrow because I won't have internet after 8pm tomorrow night.

It's up to the sat nav on Saturday then. Thanks for all the help - sorry I'm useless with things like this.
Tegs_mum
Almost a Veteran
Female 

03-03-2011, 06:59 PM
I'm planning on following Leanne!!!! I'll tx you about that

I imagine Teg will think your dogs are all amazingly scary and will run for his life when meeting them he quite fancies Jessie though and will calm down eventually

Nice long walk sounds good to us! I'm already having withdrawal symptoms from the beach! And Teg will be more than happy to join in the water fun.
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-03-2011, 07:13 PM
I think I'll follow Leanne too - just to be on the safe side.

If Teg fancies Jessie then he'll be in double heaven with Sadie - we're forever mixing them up when we've been on walks
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >