View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
2Greys
Dogsey Junior
Female 

28-02-2011, 08:29 PM
I'd certainly consider returning to the RGT branch my boys came from and their breeder/trainer is a nice lady who often attends their annual dog show to catch up on her old dogs or judge a few classes. There's few of my boys half-siblings (by dam) still racing at her kennels, so could possibly get another family member in future.
Moon's Mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-02-2011, 08:45 PM
Sorry if this is OT and I don't mean to offend anyone, I'm genuinely curious....how do you end up going to a "bad breeder"?

I have never had a dog from a breeder, mine have been rescues, but I will go to a breeder sometime and it's interesting to know what pit falls to look for.

So those who said "No way!", why did you get a dog from them in the first place? Most people wouldn't get a dog from someone they considered a bad breeder. I don't mean this in a horrible way! Was it ignorence, did you not research properly first and know better now? Were you rescuing a dog from bad conditions? Did things you didn't know about come to light after you'd got your dog (like questionable ethics or bad health? Did you fall out with the breeder after getting your dog?

Genuine curiosity
Rolosmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-02-2011, 08:46 PM
Yes we have two from the same breeder, and although it is early days for both of them as things stand I would recommend him to others, unless we get a big house/garden and loads more money and free time we will not be getting another dog anytime soon.

If something awful happened to mine as things stand i would go back to him for another, although with two youngish pups i would hope not to have to for many a long year!! I also plan to keep in touch with him, so abreast of what exactly he is up to!
esmed
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-02-2011, 08:52 PM
Yes definitely!!

Our breeder has been fantastic throughout all of the problems we had with Monty's cysts and has been incredibly supportive whereas i'm sure there are probably breeders out there who would say it was no longer their problem.
Pilgrim
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-02-2011, 08:57 PM
A big fat YES to Ludi's breeder. I would rather wait ages for another crestie than ever go to another breeder

If Ozzy's breeder were still breeding then I would go back but she isn't
Skyesmum
Dogsey Senior
Female 

28-02-2011, 09:33 PM
Yes i absolutely would go back to Skyes breeder, as she breeds for temperament & health (they just happen to be stunning looking too!)
I would also go back to the BC rescue Drift came from

Jann xxx
Moli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-02-2011, 09:36 PM
I would if getting another Boxer, definitely go back to the same breeder...
cava14una
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-02-2011, 10:05 PM
Yes I'd go back to Cava's breeder.
Muddiwarx
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-03-2011, 10:55 AM
Yes to Noobie's breeder
Yes to Dex's breeder
Yes to Rock's breeder
And Yes to Pixie's breeder

Careful research before getting the dogs mean that I feel all my dogs came from excellent breeders and my opinions have not altered
Jfk
Dogsey Junior
Female 

01-03-2011, 11:21 AM
Sort of yes. I have no contact with the breeder of my youngest collie but do have contact with the owner of his dad ( corriedhu ). I wouldn't consider going anywhere else so would just hope that when I wanted a new pup that there would be a litter as she doesn't breed that often.
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >