Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-02-2011, 06:33 PM
Bunch of crazy, lunatics that they are!
Kerriebaby
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-02-2011, 06:46 PM
if Peta had their own way, places like Dogsey wouldnt exist (cos no one would own a dog. Not even guide dogs would exist!)
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-02-2011, 07:07 PM
Originally Posted by Krusewalker View Post
heather mills is a PETA ambassador.

say no more
That actually sums it up very well KruseW.
Luke
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

19-02-2011, 11:05 PM
As a dog lover, and a descendant of jews who were held in the camps with only five out of forty something coming out alive at the end of the war, this is offensive beyond belief.
PETA have no morals, no ethics, and just try and market themself in a positive yet shocking way by justifying their antics as "to shock and attract attention", when really it's just crimes of hate. Disgusting.
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-02-2011, 01:28 AM
Originally Posted by HiHoSilver View Post
I'm getting really TIRED of the 'pedigree dog people' bashing game that's been so popular for the past few years.This from me, the majority of my dogs are mutts and I don't breed.
Sure there's a tiny minority of 'show people' who care more for rosettes and money than for the health and well being of their breed but the VAST majority are responsible breeders who really CARE for their dogs and pups and are deeply commited to the welfare of their breed.This sort of scurrilous rubbish would be funny if it weren't so ignorant and despicable.
A lovely post and pretty much how I see it. I love my dogs, they're my family. I take one to flyball, they both partake in their original function as gundogs and as a nice day out once in a while we go to shows. I didn't realise this made me a Nazi?!

Originally Posted by Krusewalker View Post
heather mills is a PETA ambassador.

say no more
I can't stand that woman!
Velvetboxers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-02-2011, 02:01 AM
Originally Posted by JoedeeUK View Post
PETA do not want animals to be treated humanely they want them ALL to life freely in the"wild"this is why they take pet dogs/cats etc & leave them in the uninhabited areas in the USA, they leave them by the roadside to fend for themselves-how that that be caring passionately ??

As for being a bit OTT do you realise that the Nazis were responsible for the deaths of over 30,000,000 human being between 1937 & 1945 ??????? Are you saying that the KC & Crufts are responsible for all dogs that are PTS for non health reasons in the UK ??
Excuse me why are you attacking me over this?

I said I was not a supporter and I never said they cared passionately for animals, I said that we on dogsey were animal [dog] lovers that care passionately, please read my posts properly
muttzrule
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-02-2011, 11:09 AM
PETA is worthless. Bunch of radical terrorists if you ask me. Should be treated as such! That webpage is offensive.
JoedeeUK
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-02-2011, 12:39 PM
Originally Posted by Velvetboxers View Post
Excuse me why are you attacking me over this?

I said I was not a supporter and I never said they cared passionately for animals, I said that we on dogsey were animal [dog] lovers that care passionately, please read my posts properly

Im not a supporter however can see where they are coming from even if their terminology is a bit OTT. Part of the problem is that people will only read what they want to and end up being totally mislead as to what it is all about.

I wouldnt knock any animal group - activists or not as at the end of the day we all care passionately about animals [dogs] or we wouldnt be here on dogsey
You clearly say you know where they are coming from & their terminology is only a bit OTT Er the KC are like Nazis then ???????

You won't knock them ?????????????
Velvetboxers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-02-2011, 01:01 PM
Originally Posted by JoedeeUK View Post
You clearly say you know where they are coming from & their terminology is only a bit OTT Er the KC are like Nazis then ???????

You won't knock them ?????????????
This is a dog forum & i will not be drawn into what you are inferring

For the third time, I DO NOT SUPPORT them - fini
krlyr
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-02-2011, 01:27 PM
Is this website actually by PETA? The only link I can see relating it is a Youtube video which anyone could imbed in their website.
Not defending PETA but there was a debate on another forum I'm on lately which pointed out that many of these acts, although not criticized by PETA, aren't actually supported by them either. Lots of the anti-PETA stuff is just as much word-of-mouth with no real evidence as all the PETA related stuff.
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >