View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Azz
Administrator
Male 

26-02-2011, 03:27 PM
Have you thought about raffling it off like that £1,000,000 house?

I'll buy the first ticket - so long as it's £10 or less
Dobermann
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-02-2011, 04:40 PM
Originally Posted by Azz View Post

oh yeah, me too!
Dobermann
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-02-2011, 04:42 PM
Originally Posted by lilypup View Post
Well Helen, one thing I know about you is that you will make the right decision and the right place will come along. Even if that 'right place' is where you're at right now!

Ps. Are you around next Saturday morning for a walk? It's been ages again! xxxx
well they do say 'whats for you wont go by you'

and 'whats meant to be will be'

it'll work out in the end
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-02-2011, 05:05 PM
Originally Posted by akitagirl View Post
Aw I really feel for you, but sounds like a good decision you've reached. I AM envious of you having a hubby that actively seeks out properties, printing off details bless him!!!!! My oh is rubbish, all I ever get out of him is a grunt, or a flat "no, don't like it."

We bought our house very cheap 4 years ago because it needed a lot of work doing, which is now done, we're having it valued over the next few weeks, eeek, I think the price will have increased despite the awful market conditions (next door is up for sale and ours is nicer) but taking away the money we've spent on it, we won't make much... But hey ho - it's worth the move to Scotland, if I had my way I'd put it on as cheap as chips and get rid quick quick quick but my oh has other ideas, boring, greedy old fart, grrrr hahaha
Well all I can say is, I reeeeally hope you won't be disappointed like us when the agent comes round to value Just think, before we did all our alterations and went upstairs, we WERE actually up for sale at £300K (as a 2 bed bungalow), and then we spent £86K in total with all the alterations, and yet, we are only valued at £340K max now???!!! Weird isn't it, in other words, if we had just stayed as we were who knows, we might not have lost quite as much if you see what I mean lol! Then again, there is another place along the road which is exactly the same as how we were before our loft extension and everything else, in need of complete modenisation, and that one was sold last week at £220!! We're on a much larger plot though being on the corner, it doesn't have the rear access and the driveway which we have. Good luck and please let us know if you get a shock like we have, not that I want you to of course lol!

The ONLY reason Dave started looking and printing off more details was because yesterday morning, before he walked out the door, when he said I was to look back 2 years (when Zena came into our life all sweet and furry!) and reminded me that if I had listened to him when he said "no more dogs", we could just wait a while until Georgie goes to doggy heaven, and move into a little retirement flat!!! Then I came up with the bright idea and told him Zena and me could live in our static caravan and he could move into a flat lol!!!! He didn't like that idea then!!!!

Originally Posted by lilypup View Post
Well Helen, one thing I know about you is that you will make the right decision and the right place will come along. Even if that 'right place' is where you're at right now!

Ps. Are you around next Saturday morning for a walk? It's been ages again! xxxx
Lol, the more I'm looking, the more I'm soooooo glad to get home!!!! Next Sat could be ok, but the Park opens on the 4th and unless Dave wants to go up there alone, it couuld be me who goes, I'll have to let you know ok.xxxxxx

Originally Posted by Azz View Post

Lol!!! Actually, I did think of that last Saturday as we were driving back from yet another viewing Then I thought about the scenario of being left with half a book of raffle tickets (except yours lol!), £50 and no house lol!!!

Originally Posted by Dobermann View Post
oh yeah, me too!
Originally Posted by Dobermann View Post
well they do say 'whats for you wont go by you'

and 'whats meant to be will be'

it'll work out in the end
I'm a great believer in that too, and it's usually worked out that way!! Seeing as everything I wanted is sold, I'm either going to have to be quicker off the mark, put ours ON the market prior to seeing anything (scary!), or shut up and put up lol!
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3