Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-02-2011, 03:57 PM
I also like Hovawarts, Munsterlanders and Bernese Mountain dogs
Moon's Mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-02-2011, 04:03 PM
Nova Scotia Duck Tolling Retriever My next dog will be one (although I may have to wait 10+ years as I'm not sure Cain will ever accept another dog in the house )
k9paw
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-02-2011, 04:12 PM
Irish Wolfound,Sarloos(was puppy) and Spinone
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

03-02-2011, 04:29 PM
[QUOTE=sarah1983;2166603]Boxers. Fell for the first one I met and I've liked all the ones I've known so far. They've all been such bouncy, enthusiastic, over the top clowns yet very intelligent and willing to work when properly motivated.[/QUOTE]

Yep, got it in one

Originally Posted by ClaireandDaisy View Post
I wanna spinone. But not a pup.
Anyone got any old spinones they want to get rid of?
Me too.

I will tell you are very sad story, about an old spinone,

Yrs ago, (around 10 ) I went to a show with a friend ,with her young HV, standing outside on the car park (home time) there was thee most adorable Spinni , sitting in the back of a car, with 2 Vizsla.

Got talking to the woman, the spinni was 9 yrs old, she tells us, do you want her,! I need to find a home for her, as she does not fit in with my lifestyle any more, , she actually brought the dog to the show to see if she could offload it!!

Will never forget that, when ever I see one I always wonder if that old girl found a forever home .

As you can guess, my reply to her was nto very kind, and I had to walk off.

Anyway... getting back to what breeds I love.

Giant Schnauzer

Bouvier De Flanders (know someone with a wonderful puppy)

Flat coats,
Vizsla, especially the wire.

Irish water spaniel,

Spinone, and the Bracco.

Hopefully will have one of the above one day, which one I dont know
x-clo-x
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-02-2011, 04:42 PM
first and foremost:

BOXERS i love them, and i dont think dogsey helped my obsession much, there are so many lovely ones on here

then pugs, every one i have met has been so friendly and outgoing, not yappy like a lot of the toy breeds, and i love their character.

i really like bulldogs too, definately have a thing for smooshy faces

saying that though i love flat coat retrievers, although i think thats from working with them so much, and i really would like a greyhound one day.

best get saving
Tass
Almost a Veteran
Female 

03-02-2011, 04:52 PM
Italian greyhound, especiailly blues and fawns, but they are sooo fragile I daren't have one

I went to the Amsterdam Winners show several years ago and a significant number of the IGs there had tell tale ladder stitch patterns up their front legs.

I love Irish setters too, beautiful coats so long as they aren't neutered, and rather more robust that IGs
Magpyex
Almost a Veteran
Female 

03-02-2011, 05:23 PM
Great answers everyone! Some of you must live in exciting places to see all these rare/less common breeds! We live in Collie, Springer and Terrier land
MichaelM
Dogsey Senior
Male 

03-02-2011, 05:30 PM
Hovawart - I've only met two, both black & tan, gorgeous dogs, doesn't seem to be many of them about.

Rottweiler - all the ones I've met have been lovely and certainly didn't live up to their media image. The owners seemed pleasantly surprised to meet someone who wanted to meet their dogs - but that's a subject for a thread of it's own.

German Wirehaird Pointer - can't say that I was struck by any pics I've seen of them, but the one and only GWP that I've actually met was absolutely stunning.

Haven't met any BSD's but would very much like to.
MerlinsMum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-02-2011, 05:42 PM
Originally Posted by Murf View Post
Mini ozzies ...
Well that's an unusual one!
I met a whole bunch of them at someone's house in the USA about 9 years ago and I thought they were lovely! Bit controversial though, they're not liked by the Aussie clubs here, but if you wanted a sheltie-sized dog that can do everything a sheltie can, without all that coat....
x-clo-x
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-02-2011, 05:50 PM
Originally Posted by MerlinsMum View Post
Well that's an unusual one!
I met a whole bunch of them at someone's house in the USA about 9 years ago and I thought they were lovely! Bit controversial though, they're not liked by the Aussie clubs here, but if you wanted a sheltie-sized dog that can do everything a sheltie can, without all that coat....
think he means ozzie as in his own dog ozzie, so mini boxer
Page 3 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »