Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
labradork
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-01-2011, 03:47 PM
Just three cats and lots of fish.

I can't have any small furies (bar caged ones) or birds because of the dogs, but I get my fix at work.
Wozzy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-01-2011, 04:14 PM
I dont have any other pets currently but my Mum has 2 birds. A red rump parakeet called Oz and an ear splittingly loud cockatiel called Ellie.

Not sure if I would have any other pets TBH if I could. I've had plenty in the past, more recently I just kept mice, but I dont think I can be bothered anymore with all the cleaning out that rodents require.

There are certain animals I couldnt have like rabbits or guinea pigs, chickens/ducks etc because the dogs would kill them first chance they got.

I'm not a strong believer in caged birds neither, plus they're too noisy!
x-clo-x
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-01-2011, 04:17 PM
Originally Posted by Leanne_W View Post
I dont have any other pets currently but my Mum has 2 birds. A red rump parakeet called Oz and an ear splittingly loud cockatiel called Ellie.

Not sure if I would have any other pets TBH if I could. I've had plenty in the past, more recently I just kept mice, but I dont think I can be bothered anymore with all the cleaning out that rodents require.

There are certain animals I couldnt have like rabbits or guinea pigs, chickens/ducks etc because the dogs would kill them first chance they got.

i always feel sorry for caged birds too. i dont think i could have a parrot.. i always forget how long it takes to clean out rodents, but id really like some exotic pets
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-01-2011, 04:24 PM
Apart from our Greyhound Kyiro we have 2 guinea pigs, Gypsy and Tallulah who live in a huge indoor area. One is diabetic and suffers bladder problems and the other is Blind, and has heart problems and the medication has now also caused her bladder problems too.
We also have a Hamster who my daughter rescued when he was thrown in a bin at college. He is called Binty.
lore
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-01-2011, 04:27 PM
Well, aside from Dougal we have Mocha the mad cat, and Jack the killer bunny
Skyesmum
Dogsey Senior
Female 

19-01-2011, 05:13 PM
As well as the three dogs
Willow, Skye and Drift..........

I have a rabbit called Angel (he's a boy bunny!!) who is nearly 10yrs old he's bomb proof, being used to running round the garden with Willow and Skye, and Skye getting into his bunny mansion with him i don't however trust Drift with him..........he's a little too interested

Jann xx
labradork
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-01-2011, 05:21 PM
Originally Posted by Leanne_W View Post

Same. I am totally envious of those who keep chickens with dogs sucessfully. I'd love to have some but I couldn't risk the dogs killing them.
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

19-01-2011, 05:36 PM
Originally Posted by x-clo-x View Post
i always feel sorry for caged birds too. i dont think i could have a parrot.. i always forget how long it takes to clean out rodents, but id really like some exotic pets
Parrots don't spend all their time in the cage if they are well looked after, mine have ropes strung around the conservatory above head height and spend quite a lot of time doing gymnastics on the ropes, when they're not sitting on my shoulder. Their cage is also 6 foot wide x 6 foot 6 high and 3foot deep so they have quite a large space to move around in. They choose to go back in the cage when they've had enough of being out and about. They aren't particularly noisy either they talk at about the same volume as we do and have an enormous vocabulary which is highly entertaining. It does take a bit of time to clean them out properly though but that usually depends on what they've been eating, given pomegranate it looks like there's been a mass murder with the juice everywhere
ElaineP
Dogsey Junior
Female 

19-01-2011, 06:04 PM
I have two cats, Bernie-Boo and Millicent Bo-Jangles as well as my border terrier, Rayne.
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-01-2011, 07:19 PM
I have three dogs (until very recently I had four and I can't quite get my head around saying three ) - Two german shepherds (Flame and Yogi) and border collie (Rip).

Hubby has Bill, Eve, Fly, Craig (working sheepdogs) and Jake, Tweed, Nap and Mist (apprentice sheepdogs!).

We also have 7 hens and 1 cockerel, a Highland pony, a Shetland pony, 14 Highland cows, 5 alpaca, a tank of tropical fish and roughly 1500 sheep
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >