Dogsey Junior
Male 

31-12-2010, 04:24 PM
Sensitive.......southerners?....
akitagirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-12-2010, 05:13 PM
Wow, what a brilliant garden, I'm so jealous! Can't wait till we have a bigger garden, when house hunting it's the first thing I look at!

Keep posting piccies throughout the year!

Hey you know what, you should DEFINATELY rescue ex battery hens!!!
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-12-2010, 05:19 PM
Originally Posted by akitagirl View Post
Wow, what a brilliant garden, I'm so jealous! Can't wait till we have a bigger garden, when house hunting it's the first thing I look at!

Keep posting piccies throughout the year!

Hey you know what, you should DEFINATELY rescue ex battery hens!!!
I wanted to and I wanted to keep them in the area above the sespit - I'm not allowed and Chickens kinda scare me! Plus Louie's bird instinct is getting stronger each day

Today we went for a walk around the lake - the ducks are so hungry they actually wandered on the path (followed us round the lake to a path sort of bit) and tried to come so close - even though we had three dogs We had to turn and walk away - they were ganging up on us!! I wish I'd took some bread with me
Wozzy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-12-2010, 06:05 PM
The land that came with a property would be far more important to me than the property itself! I'm very envious of your garden. Ours is tiny and it consists of slabs and pointy horrible gravel which tends to hurt the dogs feet, there is no grass.

If they want to play I have to take them onto the side lawn but it's open plan so I can never relax in case they take off after a cat or a dodgy looking passer-by!

Mind you, the dogs have never had the luxury of grass to lie on in summer as my previous address (where the dogs were brought up) consisted of slabs and gravel too!

IMO, you cant beat a patch of lawn.
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-12-2010, 06:55 PM
Originally Posted by Leanne_W View Post
The land that came with a property would be far more important to me than the property itself! I'm very envious of your garden. Ours is tiny and it consists of slabs and pointy horrible gravel which tends to hurt the dogs feet, there is no grass.

If they want to play I have to take them onto the side lawn but it's open plan so I can never relax in case they take off after a cat or a dodgy looking passer-by!

Mind you, the dogs have never had the luxury of grass to lie on in summer as my previous address (where the dogs were brought up) consisted of slabs and gravel too!

IMO, you cant beat a patch of lawn.
Well maybe in the summer, when we've officially got sorted you can bring them round and they can roll around in all the grass - as long as they don't play fetch with my bunnies!

I saw a thing in home bargains or was it B&M - it was like a pool table sized rectangle and had turf like grass on it - for pets as it was in the pets section - weird - I guess it's for the apartment pets though
Wozzy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-12-2010, 07:02 PM
Lol, I really wouldnt trust my dogs with your bunnies, it wouldnt be a game of fetch that was on their mind! I'd be happy if it was!
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-12-2010, 07:06 PM
Originally Posted by Leanne_W View Post
Lol, I really wouldnt trust my dogs with your bunnies, it wouldnt be a game of fetch that was on their mind! I'd be happy if it was!
Happy if it was a game of fetch with my bunnies?

Well if they ever got hold of Tonic - he'd put them in their places - he's told Louie a time or two! But now puts up with 52lbs of pure puppy clambering in his cage at feeding time and getting his ears licked and nibbled...

I think our bunnies trust dogs too much!

Edit:
Their getting penned up anyway as you may know there are quite a lot of foxes in the area and wild bunnies.
Lou
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-12-2010, 09:10 PM
Aww Bless Lovely pictures Thanks for sharing x
musky
Dogsey Senior
Female 

31-12-2010, 09:54 PM
The garden looks a great size and the dogs certainly look like they are already enjoying it Shame about the chickens we rescued six battery hens back in 2000, I was a bit unsure of them at first, but now i'm poultry mad or maybe just a little mad
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-01-2011, 10:45 AM
Originally Posted by musky View Post
The garden looks a great size and the dogs certainly look like they are already enjoying it Shame about the chickens we rescued six battery hens back in 2000, I was a bit unsure of them at first, but now i'm poultry mad or maybe just a little mad
I worked on a farm for 2 weeks (just for work experience) free range chickens and ducks and geese - NIGHTMARE!

I wanted ducks as well but I can't have a pond in the garden for them as:
1) Louie is duck crazy atm - I'm trying to find some way of curbing his enthusiasm to go up and chase them.
2) we live next to a country park with a lake - so I don't really want any wild ones coming and upsetting mine - if I had any.
3) Poo!

My Friend rescues battery hens though I think she had 13 atm - and still going!
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >