View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
IsoChick
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-12-2010, 04:22 PM
We only have 1 TV (I know, shocking, right!?!) however, if one of us wants to watch something the other doesn't like, we manage.

I generally don't like sport, whereas OH loves it. I just go and do something else - read a book, play with the dogs etc. Likewise if I'm watching something he doesn't like!
SarahJade
Dogsey Senior
Female 

07-06-2011, 01:17 PM
I hate horror films, I used to be fine and love them but then I had my first nightmare and pow can't watch them now. Worse thing was I was nearly 20! So if I'm in they can't be on.
Me and OH are pretty good in that we like to watch the same thing, we have more arguments about when we can watch it together rather than what not to watch. I have to wait until he gets home and he has to wait for me... But I think it's kinda sweet.
Now Cookie on the other hand, if he is in the room, no dogs, cats, animals what so ever. He even ran at the TV the other day as someone picked up one of those cushions with the tassels on. Must have thought it was a tail. I just can't seem to get him out of it. As soon as he runs in you have to switch the channels.
spockky boy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-06-2011, 01:25 PM
We barely watch tv... x-factor/BGT etc are banned. Tend to watch the same thing or catch up on iplayer/4od
Krusewalker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

07-06-2011, 02:39 PM
TV's in every room

id ban that and do something worthwhile instead!
dizzi
Almost a Veteran
Female 

07-06-2011, 07:08 PM
We have Sky in the bedroom and lounge (it's my one real indulgence watching trashy telly in bed) so it's not generally a problem - especially with iPlayer and Sky+ and things.

As a general rule - anything baby-related because it triggers me off (had a horrid unexpected ending to House last month that set me off sobbing myself to sleep) and I do occasionally ask for things featuring ultrasound scans to be turned over because of very bad memories.

Generally though I record all my stuff, he does his and works through them when I'm out unless it's stuff we both like and vice versa. He would love to ban Glee - so I watch it when he's out because otherwise I can't hear the telly over his complaining, I'd love to nuke the Simpsons from outer space with a very large explosion... he'll watch it for hours - I'd prefer to put the news on at 6.

I don't tend to watch much telly though really - just the news and a couple of series.

Had to laugh when we bought the house though and the in-laws came down to help with the decorating and I knew how to do all these random DIY things - from watching daytime telly as a student!
Magpyex
Almost a Veteran
Female 

07-06-2011, 11:29 PM
Like you, I am banned from watching Criminal Minds in the living room as they creep my mum out something rotten! I love all the serial killer shows too like the documentaries you sometimes get on late at night and she has banned those too So I watch them on my computer!

The OH has been living in a house share until recently so we had to watch all TV on his computer when we were staying at his which meant we had to compromise! He refuses to watch anything 'trashy' or drama related e.g. Desperate Housewives, America's Next Top Model, Gray's Anatomy and I refuse to watch anything with lots of gratuitous battle scenes and showing of boobs So we tended to compromise and watch comedies instead!
Luthien
Dogsey Senior
Female 

08-06-2011, 06:51 AM
Nothing is banned (apart from reality tv by mutual consent), but OH leaves the room if I'm watching Holby City.
Murv
Dogsey Junior
Male 

08-06-2011, 07:29 AM
Originally Posted by Luthien View Post
Nothing is banned (apart from reality tv by mutual consent), but OH leaves the room if I'm watching Holby City.
Man of taste
Loki's mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-06-2011, 08:17 AM
I don't watch horror movies, so my partner watches them when I am away at shows. If I am in, the remote is mine and I decide what's on. He's generally out in the evenings or working in his study so I watch what I like, although I'm more likely to be online instead.
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3