View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-12-2010, 09:42 PM
You write down as much as you want, whenever you want. It is always easier to type to anonymous but friendly sympathetic dog lovers than to try to talk face to face with friends and family - it is impossible to stop oneself from crying isn't it, and it doesn't matter so much when it is only the computer screen watching you (just watch that keyboard tho!).

As others have said, many of us know exactly what you are going through. Kipling had it right when he said:

"Brothers and sisters I bid you beware
of giving your heart to a dog to tear..."

Do any of us take any notice??! No, and we will continue to ignore his advice for the rest of our lives no doubt, because no matter how devastating it is when we lose a dear dog, sooner or later off we toddle to find a new companion......not a replacement, we can never replace a dog, but a whole new character to get to know and of course love.

I really feel for you, it is the most awful time to go through but it DOES get better eventually.
zoe1969
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-12-2010, 11:22 PM
Couldn't agree more Bitkin......we now have Guinness and he hasn't replaced Holly but we love him insanely!!! What a beauty he is.
beau
Dogsey Junior
Female 

17-12-2010, 12:50 PM
I really do feel for you as it is heartbreaking when you lose a dog, talk as much as you want to xx
anna0000
Dogsey Junior
Female 

18-12-2010, 11:08 PM
Originally Posted by twilightwolf View Post
I am so so sorry, its so awful losing your best friend. Its one of the most painful things.
I had to say goodbye to snoop a few weeks ago, it still hurts but i know that somewhere out there he is looking down on me. I still have his picture on the front of my phone so everytime i miss him, i just click my screen and he lights out. Silly.. At first i couldnt look, but now it really helps.

Your dog knew how much he was loved, and this will only make you stronger but in time. Never ever rush yourself, we are all your friends here and if you want to talk then do. It really really helped me.

PM me if you would like to chat about anything.. literally anything. Except insects.. They scare me. ;-d

I just want to send you a huge virtual hug and my best wishes.

Have you thought about in the future possibly doing a bit of volunteering at an animal rescue? I know at the moment it may be hard, but it really helped me getting out there and meeting lots of little furry monsters all so happy and pleased to see you and go our for a nice long walk.

The most important thing though i never rush, and always remember that he loved you, as much as you loved him.
Thanks for your message. I might pm you if I see your online. A forum is good but sometimes it's hard to reply to everyone, which I want to.Like if I don't get online for a few days.
I had been thinking of volunteering a few years ago, and I have started thinking of it again, although I see my sisters dog, I miss having a dog around. But I'm not ready at all to get a dog, so I did think maybe in the new year going to help somewhere, to be with dogs.
anna0000
Dogsey Junior
Female 

18-12-2010, 11:35 PM
Thanks again for everyones replies, everything you have all said is so nice. It is so true that a dog lover understands so much more. Sorry to everyone else on here who has lost a dog, I want to send you all a hug for your kindness to me, I know we are all sharing our loses together. Sorry I hope that makes sense.
At the moment I can't seem to think in to much detail about her, it's mainly all the little things I loved about her, once I start thinking of that, I feel sick and upset because its like I've lost her all over again, and I start thinking I want her back..I can glance at a photo of her but I can't look at it for long. I still miss her when I go bed because I used to bring her upstairs and she would go in her bed next to mine, then especially when she was ill, I would kiss her and stroke her, but when she was ill as well I just wanted to keep looking at her, trying to remember everything about her. But it's still bad going to bed and she's not there. At the moment I just feel angry and upset that she's not there anymore and in my life, not at her but at what happened, that she had to leave me. Thanks for listening again.
akitagirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-12-2010, 11:42 PM
Aw xxxxx never be sorry, and talk to us as much as you want xxxx

Sorry you are feeling so sad when you remember her, perhaps it's all part of the grieving process, i'm sure that soon you will be remembering her beautiful memories with smiles and tears xx

My friend recently 'bought a star' literally from some site on the internet - to remember her dog when she looks out on a dark night, i think that's beautiful.

I haven't lost Zeke yet, but he is poorly and he will go...I find it helps to write poems i know, it's a bit sad but i have to think about what i'm writing, and i always end up with the most beautiful, perfect zeke poems, both happy and sad ones that I can turn to when I feel down.

Big hugs xxxxxx
Milk maid
Almost a Veteran
Female 

19-12-2010, 08:24 AM
As everyone else has said we all greve for our lost ones, and sometimes it all just gets to much. I lost my Fozzie just over a year ago and am often still in tears, I still miss the little man. So dont feel bad about how you feel its normal, and it good to chat to people on here who know what you are going through. Sending you a big ((Hugg))
katandcolin
Dogsey Senior
Female 

19-12-2010, 08:30 AM
Originally Posted by anna0000 View Post
Thanks again for everyones replies, everything you have all said is so nice. It is so true that a dog lover understands so much more. Sorry to everyone else on here who has lost a dog, I want to send you all a hug for your kindness to me, I know we are all sharing our loses together. Sorry I hope that makes sense.
At the moment I can't seem to think in to much detail about her, it's mainly all the little things I loved about her, once I start thinking of that, I feel sick and upset because its like I've lost her all over again, and I start thinking I want her back..I can glance at a photo of her but I can't look at it for long. I still miss her when I go bed because I used to bring her upstairs and she would go in her bed next to mine, then especially when she was ill, I would kiss her and stroke her, but when she was ill as well I just wanted to keep looking at her, trying to remember everything about her. But it's still bad going to bed and she's not there. At the moment I just feel angry and upset that she's not there anymore and in my life, not at her but at what happened, that she had to leave me. Thanks for listening again.
Bless you Anna.
You remind me so much of what my mum is going through at the moment, I hate to think of you hurting so much.
..But our little furbabies mean that much to us that it wouldnt be right not to grieve like this for them.
It does get easier I promise but we will never forget. I still shed tears thinking of all the doggies I have lost over the years...but then I also think of all the fun times and it makes e smile. No matter how hard it is our lives our richer for having known and loved them.
As you say only a dog lover understands
Thinking of you xxxxx
anna0000
Dogsey Junior
Female 

12-01-2011, 08:55 PM
Thanks for your replies and thoughts,katandcolin, Milk maid and akitagirl...... I've not been on here for a while, and I think with christmas etc I was coping quite well, I think being busy helped, but then the other day, it hit me again suddenly, something reminded me of Molly and then something else, the other day I kept getting flashes of the last time I saw her sitting there, before I had to go out the room. I sometimes want to scream come back Molly.After my mum dad and sister and boyfriend, I have never loved a living thing so much.I feel I want to tell everyone about her, what she went through her personality etc.. But then the times inbetween I sometimes remember something and smile. I hope that means I'm getting better. Recently I also have been looking at the dogs trust etc websites at dogs that need re-homing, but I am still not ready to get another dog and don't know if I ever wil be, but I miss having one though. I don't know really why I'm looking, I can't help it.
Velvetboxers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-01-2011, 01:56 AM
We lost our Rosie in June, a very very special girl. She had been ill for some time and had got very frail and sad. We knew we had no choice but on the day we took her the vet made the decision for us, she had tried so hard fighting tme after time to stay with us until she was just too tired to do so

I said then I didnt want another dog and if we had not had 2 other dogs I would not have got another one. I still feel that way nearly 7 months on. I may not feel like that always but it still hurts very much

It is a normal process to miss them so much after all they are so much part of our lives, they are a much loved companion in our family circle and their lives are so short compared to ours

Lighting a virtual candle sometimes helps when you lose someone or a much loved companion, helps keep their memory alive for you -
http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/candles.cfm?l=eng

Your little dog will always be a part of you, never think another dog will take her place, they dont, if at any time you consider getting another dog, they will make their own special place in your heart

Thinking of you xx
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >