View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Jukesgirl
Dogsey Junior
Female 

21-11-2010, 03:16 PM
I have often found the kong air squeaky tennis balls to be a bit of a mixed bag ... sometimes they last 'forever' and sometimes they last only a day or two ... i suppose this is what you get when you cross breed though - sometimes it is a bit sketchy as to what will come out the other end ... so to speak :P
wallaroo
Almost a Veteran
Female 

21-11-2010, 03:29 PM
Originally Posted by tillytheterrier View Post
The air kong ones seem to have a higher than average life expectancy! Although they are a designer crossbreed! (ball x squeaky!)
We've recently aquired one of these. Although all its hair has fallen out we still love it just as much!
Kicks
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-11-2010, 03:34 PM
Originally Posted by wallaroo View Post
We've recently aquired one of these. Although all its hair has fallen out we still love it just as much!
That would be one of those rare 'hairless' ones then!

I'm concerned that when ours multipy they all end up in my bed!
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-11-2010, 04:28 PM
I just feel so sad for the little `damaged` ones abandoned by heartless owners in the park. A ballie is for life, remember ....
MerlinsMum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-11-2010, 05:35 PM
Merlin went through a phase of sending his to France, for dogs less fortunate than himself. We waved goodbye to them as they drifted out with the tide, a tear in my eye.
maxine
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-11-2010, 05:51 PM
Ollie is the local ball warden and he rounds up all stray, lost (sometimes not even lost) balls and provides them with a loving forever home. He has successfully rehomed countless flat disgarded footballs, bald mangy looking tennis balls, even apparently un-rehomeable bits of ball. They are all loved and treasured equally for the rest of their days, or until they get lost (or thrown away!).
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-11-2010, 05:55 PM
I see the Designer breeders are at it again with Apricot, Red and Lilac. They don`t last, you know.
Don`t buy - Rescue! PRELOVED BALLS HERE! http://www.usedtennisballs.co.uk/use...heap-dog-toys/
tillytheterrier
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-11-2010, 06:40 PM
Originally Posted by ClaireandDaisy View Post
I see the Designer breeders are at it again with Apricot, Red and Lilac. They don`t last, you know.
Don`t buy - Rescue! PRELOVED BALLS HERE! http://www.usedtennisballs.co.uk/use...heap-dog-toys/
Oops, we've got a squashed lilac one. But it doesnt make me a bad person!!

As for rescuing preloved tennis balls, fantastic idea. They have a second chance to fulfill their destiny!!
wallaroo
Almost a Veteran
Female 

21-11-2010, 10:43 PM
We have a large kong ball, possibly the result of a careless football owner allowing it to roam near the tennis court?

Do you think they breed in the wild? There should be a flourishing population in the woods by now!!

How do you tell which sex they are?
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-11-2010, 10:43 PM
Originally Posted by tillytheterrier View Post
Maybe thats where Tilly's getting them from. She's popping up to Nottingham during the night and stealing yours!
Does she come to Sheffield too - there was a pack of 20 emtpied on my parents garden for Sadie (I was trying the smelling obedience game thing with her - like the tissues at Crufts) and now all but two have gone - Naughty Tilly!!! I Know Socks has one - but what a bunny wants with a ball is beyond me and the pear tree has ended up with one pretending to be a bird in it's branches.
Page 3 of 13 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »