Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

16-11-2010, 03:07 PM
Originally Posted by Hevvur View Post
Well said Azz!
I have something to look forwards to, don't need a 'celebrity' wedding that they can waste money on!
I am sure we all have things to make us smile individually, myself included.

But the facts are the Country (as a whole) needs something to lift its spirits not only will this wedding do that, it will enable people to increase their revenue, small sales, all the memorabilia, tourism, this wedding will do all that.

Small businuss , will have a lifeline, in one way or anthor.

Its a positve in a time of negative for our Country!
Pidge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-11-2010, 03:09 PM
Originally Posted by Jackbox View Post
TUT! TUT!!

Told you , it was uplifting
LOL, teasing!

Can I also just say - it is NOT a celebrity wedding. It is the wedding of a really nice guy, to a really nice girl, who are in love and who also happen to be 2nd in line to the throne. It is part of our British heritage and when I heard about it I can honestly say the only thing I felt was happiness for them. They seem very in love.
Azz
Administrator
Male 

16-11-2010, 03:21 PM
Thats fine Azz, you can go and be a Mr Scrooge and sit on your own and call it all humbug if you like

The Country needs to have somethignt o look forward to.

And as much as you may not like it, the Country on a whole will be looking forward to watching his wedding.

Unless ofcause they are still sitting at home shouting the injustice of it all, spending tax payers money on "celebraties" which by the way "Prince William " is not, he is second in line to the throne of England.

Lets wait and see Azz, the reaction to this royal wedding, I think, you will find you will be in a minority, as most of the us living in midst of doom and gloom (thats all we ever hear anymore) will be uplifted by a somehting "nice" for a change.
You know someone's lost their argument when the petulant name-calling begins!

Your post did act as a useful reminder tho - that 'most' people have been so dumbed down by the media/celebrity culture that they think 'wasting' tax payers money on somebody's wedding is more worthwhile than spending it helping those who really need it. *sigh
Pidge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-11-2010, 03:23 PM
Originally Posted by Azz View Post

Your post did act as a useful reminder tho - that 'most' people have been so dumbed down by the media/celebrity culture that they think 'wasting' tax payers money on somebody's wedding is more worthwhile than spending it helping those who really need it. *sigh
Azz, where's your source that the tax payer will be paying for the wedding?
Azz
Administrator
Male 

16-11-2010, 03:31 PM
Originally Posted by Pidge View Post
Azz, where's your source that the tax payer will be paying for the wedding?
I never said we were, for sure - hence my first post in this thread. My comments after that are based on the premise it is (after the reply I was given).

If they're paying for it themselves then it's none of my business. I do find that kind of opulences a little revolting, but that's my personal view. Fwiw, I actually think William is 'ok' - from what I've read/heard about him.
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran

16-11-2010, 03:32 PM
Originally Posted by Azz View Post

Oh dear, now whos name calling.. mine was in jest to you, you have just called those who are "happy" to see this wedding "mindless zombies" , note, my words not yours, but your message is clear to read!

All this upset, and you dont even know yet who is paying for what

Lighten up Azz, you sound like "Victor Meldrew"!
Julie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-11-2010, 03:37 PM
Am I alone in thinking it very sad William is being referred to as a celebrity ? Surely our second in line to the throne is much more than a celebrity ?
Pidge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-11-2010, 03:37 PM
Originally Posted by Julie1962 View Post
Am I alone in thinking it very sad William is being referred to as a celebrity ? Surely our second in line to the throne is much more than a celebrity ?
No. See my post above.
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran

16-11-2010, 03:39 PM
Originally Posted by Julie1962 View Post
You are not alone, Prince William , is not a celebrity, he is a memberof a royal family, that has been around far longer then the word "celebrity" was ever invented
Julie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-11-2010, 03:42 PM
Originally Posted by Pidge View Post
No. See my post above.
You are not alone, Prince William , is not a celebrity, he is a memberof a royal family, that has been around far longer then the word "celebrity" was ever invented
Well thank goodness for that and I thought I would be lonely
Page 3 of 14 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 13 > Last »