Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
kirsty_
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-04-2011, 09:35 PM
Originally Posted by Crysania View Post
I've changed Dahlia's food numerous times, from Iams Lamb and rice to Blue Buffalo fish and sweet potato to Taste of the Wild Pacific stream (grain-free). I saw a huge difference in her coat between the Iams and BB. It was much shinier and she didn't shed as much. And I saw a slight difference in her coat and a huge difference in her poop (smaller and firmer) when I went grain-free. Plus she LOVED the food, so much more so than the others.
I've looked into taste of the wild, do you get it from zooplus?
kirsty_
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-05-2011, 07:32 PM
Originally Posted by snoop_the_seal View Post
The main reason I know of why people use grain free is due to grain allergies and prevention of seizures:!:
is there any evidence of this?
nddogs
Dogsey Senior
Female 

17-05-2011, 08:23 PM
I'm now feeding our viz mostly Simpson premium (sensitive chicken and potato)

Poop is much better (smaller and harder) than when he was fed skinners duck or salmon and rice dry food, really quite a difference. He's looking really well and seems very happy and healthy and likes the food so I'm going to stick with it after having tried a few things with him.

Wheat gives him a spotty scabby belly. And he doesn't do well on raw I think because he had pravo as a young pup, he ended up with colitis when fed raw
tink
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-05-2011, 07:51 AM
Bea is on 4 meals a day mainly Naturediet Puppy but one or two of those meals is dry,I was using James well beloved duck & rice as i have on all mine over the years but she didnt have very firm poop with it and had a little fur loss from nibbling on her thigh.I didnt think the puppy one looked as good quality as it had the last time i used it.... (Had what looked like straw all through it)
After doing some research on dry and what was available to me,I got her some Wafcol Salmon & potato (That and Orijen were my preferred dry foods to try) It was £12.99 for 3kg (think Orijen was around £16.99) I didnt like the look of any of the other Wafcol varieties though.....

She is doing great on it,her coat is still gleaming,poop has firmed up and she has stopped nibbling at her thigh and the fur has grown back
SibeVibe
Almost a Veteran
Female 

18-05-2011, 09:19 AM
Originally Posted by kirsty_ View Post
is there any evidence of this?
Hello

I used this site when I was researching diet for my youngest sibe who is epileptic........

http://dogtorj.tripod.com/id2.html

He is on a grain/dairy free diet.

Take care.

Seoniad.
Jessi Clark
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-05-2011, 02:12 PM
Originally Posted by kirsty_ View Post
I've looked into taste of the wild, do you get it from zooplus?
Zooplus is the only place you can get the taste of the wild in the uk that I've found, griffin has had it for the last few months and he wolfs it down with a drizzle of olive oil over it. The higher meat content foods you feed a lot less of because they're lacking all the rubbishy fillers many others have got in them.
caroldylan
New Member!
Female 

21-05-2011, 09:04 PM
Ihave used grain free dog food for my labrador dylan and he suffers from seizures and bloating due to the carbs since starting him on acana he has had no seizures and his weight is coming down i thought with all the protein his weight would increase but its fine. The gremlin alphie whos 18 weeks is on fromm large breed pup food as soon as he is old enough he will be also introduced to acana but as yet there is not a pup food in the uk,I must admit that he trys to get to the acana as he would prefer it. acana is a all age food but I personally prefer to use a food that states for pups. I find it strange that champion foods make orijen pup but dont do acana in the uk. I am very happy using a grain free food as i know my boys are not eating cheap nasty fillers and everything is human grade
Tupacs2legs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-05-2011, 09:07 PM
Originally Posted by caroldylan View Post
Ihave used grain free dog food for my labrador dylan and he suffers from seizures and bloating due to the carbs since starting him on acana he has had no seizures and his weight is coming down i thought with all the protein his weight would increase but its fine. The gremlin alphie whos 18 weeks is on fromm large breed pup food as soon as he is old enough he will be also introduced to acana but as yet there is not a pup food in the uk,I must admit that he trys to get to the acana as he would prefer it. acana is a all age food but I personally prefer to use a food that states for pups. I find it strange that champion foods make orijen pup but dont do acana in the uk. I am very happy using a grain free food as i know my boys are not eating cheap nasty fillers and everything is human grade
what breed is your new pup? if its a lab id use the adult Acana food defo not the puppy.
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-05-2011, 09:11 PM
Originally Posted by caroldylan View Post
and everything is human grade
All foods produced by members of the PFMA can say the same thing!
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-05-2011, 09:11 PM
Originally Posted by Tupacs2legs View Post
what breed is your new pup? if its a lab id use the adult Acana food defo not the puppy.

No need for life stage foods, just a marketing ploy.
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >