View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-10-2011, 09:06 PM
Hmmm, it will always obey.......................................?!

I wish.................................
Kerryowner
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-10-2011, 09:19 PM
Originally Posted by Catherine Conno View Post
I would never smack a dog on the nose or anywhere else.. if you teach your dog right it will always obey your commands. no need for hitting a dog, all it takes is patients to train a dog
Patients from where? Hospital patients?
Ben Mcfuzzylugs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-10-2011, 09:28 PM
That is such bad advice
I am glad he asked you at least
Deb/Pugglepup
Almost a Veteran
Female 

18-10-2011, 09:30 PM
My sister came to my house at the weekend. Both dogs were barking at someone outside. (somewhat natural reaction in our house).

Sis then decided to shout at Mindy telling her to be quiet, lifted her hand so quick, and landed it on top of her head

I went absolutely bl**ding MAD
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-10-2011, 09:31 PM
Absolutely no way! Never have done, never would do it and I hate it! Have said so a few times to people who I have seen do this!

Thank god your brother asked and you were able to guide him in the right direction.
marley123
Dogsey Senior
Male 

18-10-2011, 09:33 PM
both my dogs have had a tap on the nose and i mean a TAP with one finger i know i hit them harder when we are playing so i know it doest hurt it just breaks their focus if they need it,
i seen some guy go to hit his dog in the park today and she slipped her lead and ran away,
no-body other than me and my mum know this but she is sleeping in my garage tonight ready for the rspca to come collect her tomoz
but anyway i would never HIT a dog as a punishment
Muddiwarx
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-10-2011, 03:02 AM
Originally Posted by marley123 View Post
no-body other than me and my mum know this but she is sleeping in my garage tonight ready for the rspca to come collect her tomoz
I wouldn't want the RSPCA near any dog .... She could be PTS ...... Are you claiming you just found her?
I thought they didnt take strays any more.
Not sure I follow why they would be coming to collect her ...
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-10-2011, 04:44 AM
both my dogs have had a tap on the nose and i mean a TAP with one finger i know i hit them harder when we are playing so i know it doest hurt it just breaks their focus if they need it,
i seen some guy go to hit his dog in the park today and she slipped her lead and ran away,

If you saw a person GOING to hit a dog, this means it did not, so why are the RSPCA involved at all?

Also you have in effect STOLEN the dog, so are guilty of theft.

In addition the owner may be going out of his mind trying to locate it, incurred costs of ringing round shelters, dog wardens; may have contacted Dog Lost, producd posters not to mention the terrible stress and worry to him and may be his family and children who could be terribly distressed.

What a terrible thing to do to someone.

I hope that nobody does the same to you!
ATD
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-10-2011, 06:03 AM
I hope you are found out of your deed who are you to steel someones dog not only that hand her over where she will be pts quiet quickly is not rehomed
Rolosmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-10-2011, 07:03 AM
I havent really had the need to do it with my two, but at a friends house yesterday she did it to her maltese x puppy when it jumped and nipped.

In the park the other day i saw a young girl (i know the girl)walking around with her pup on the lead and a water spray bottle and every time the pup went to jump at her she sprayed it, she then let it poo and walked off despite having a poo bag holder attached to the lead. Hubby wouldnt let me say anything.
Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >