View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Pilgrim
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-09-2010, 07:18 PM
Mine has free run of the house but he stays on his bed or occasionally sits on the back of the sofa to watch us out the window.
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-09-2010, 07:33 PM
Mine have the run of the house, and are usually asleep on our beds........
madisondobie
Almost a Veteran
Female 

27-09-2010, 07:33 PM
Mine has free run of the house but is usually upstairs asleep on my bed.
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-09-2010, 07:58 PM
With us! They come go everywhere with my hubby during the week, and at weekends they are with us both.
Jadey
Dogsey Senior
Female 

27-09-2010, 08:32 PM
Milo gets left in his crate if i'm not going to be out long but if i am going to be out long he gets left in the hallway with his crate in there with the door open for his bed with plenty of toys and chews (A family member comes to walk and feed him)

He's only 13 weeks so i do come home to the odd 'gift' but other than that he's very good
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-09-2010, 08:34 PM
Mine have free run of the living room, hall and kitchen.
grommit
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-09-2010, 08:49 PM
Ours have the huge lounge and our tiny kitchen to themselves when we are out. The guinea pigs have the utility room or they would have that too! We are moving house soon and i'm panicking about where they are going to sleep when we move. The lounge will be too small for them, there has to be a good distance between dog beds or Phil gets grumpy with Paris Think they may be taking over our new kitchen!
Jessi Clark
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-09-2010, 10:12 PM
Griffin goes in his crate, which I was initailly against on principle but know I understand how to use it properly I'm a total convert and he loves it! With Chester it depends on when it is, school days he goes in his pen, 4' high and 8' wide, for the morning and afternoon times but then on a weekend if he's left at all he's mostly allowed to have free reign of the living room, if he's being particularly teenage and constantly theiving etc however he's tied up with a lead around the table leg, this hardly ever happens now though. They both just sleep when they're left though, Chester is normally in exactly the same position you left him unless he started off on the floor in which case you can put money on him having graduated to the sofa! These will both evolve as they get older though.
Insomnia
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-09-2010, 05:44 AM
Wow, I didn't realise so many dogs had free-range, I'd have thought more were crated, don't know why...maybe it's the many discussions about crate training and such.
Glad to hear so many well behaved dogs while people are out

What about when your dogs were puppies? Did they have freerange that young or when they'd matured?
Julie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-09-2010, 08:49 AM
They have the living room and hallway, when we are home they have free range but I don't like them up at the window in the bedroom when I am not there as they tend to bark if they see people or cats which isn't fair on the neighbours.
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >