View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Vodkalass
Dogsey Senior
Female 

24-09-2010, 07:24 AM
The thing is you have a choice if you dont like him dont listen to him its simple!

I love him i do i do i do!
Pidge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-09-2010, 07:25 AM
Oh I don't listen to him, God no, I just do not think he deserves the job he has.

BUT, of course others clearly disagree as he has X-listeners and has been doing it for 6 years so he must be hitting a certain type of audience.

Maybe I'm too old and fogey with my radio 4 ;o)
Vodkalass
Dogsey Senior
Female 

24-09-2010, 07:34 AM
I think i will let the 'certain type of audience' comment just go straight over my head as its friday
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

24-09-2010, 11:26 AM
"If you don't like him don't listen to him" so far as general content and structure of a radio show is concerned fair enough but as with Ross and his mate, there has to be some standards in broadcasting.

I sometimes think we are moving to a situation where anyone can say anything on air and will it be defended as 'freedom of speech'' etc. etc.

Lord Reith must be turning in his grave I'm not advocating going back to his day (Where the radio presenters allegedly had to wear dinner jackets and bow tie in the studio ) but there must be some standards and abusing ones position on air definately goes against those standards in my book.
KatieSmith
Dogsey Junior
Female 

24-09-2010, 11:36 AM
Originally Posted by esmed View Post
I've actually got a lot of respect for him for doing that. He could string her along for the rest of her life but he's being honest and saying he can't give her what she wants. At least now she can try to move on and find someone who can give her what she wants and when she does it'll probably be him that realises how foolish he was.

On that basis i have another year to wear Rich down!
I hadn't heard that but if it is true then he is a bigger man inside than his stature to be so unselfish.
Lorna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-09-2010, 05:27 PM
I really like him. He gets paid a lot less than movie stars or footballers, for more work, he still works after his show finishes....
I'd rather my taxes go towards paying for someone like him to be on air, who cheers me up on an early morning than paying for scrounging benefit claimers...

If I wasn't paid on time I wouldn't be happy, I don't blame him at all!
Wozzy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-09-2010, 06:37 PM
I like Chris Moyles and turn the radio off as soon as 10am arrives as I cant bear to listen to the other run of the mill DJ's. I like the fact that he's different and he doesnt care what people think about him. He doesnt conform and he doesnt bow down to the powers that be, he stands up for what he believes in even if it goes against the grain.

I respect the man alot for that but he is an acquired taste.
Lorna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-09-2010, 06:43 PM
Originally Posted by Pidge View Post
Oh I don't listen to him, God no, I just do not think he deserves the job he has.

BUT, of course others clearly disagree as he has X-listeners and has been doing it for 6 years so he must be hitting a certain type of audience.

Maybe I'm too old and fogey with my radio 4 ;o)
I don't think your too old or a fogey, I think that Chris Moyles is like marmite.

I'm 25 and I listen to Classic fm whilst I'm working most days (apart from first thing in the morning when I listen to Chris Moyles lol!
Pidge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-09-2010, 08:50 PM
Originally Posted by Lorna View Post
I don't think your too old or a fogey, I think that Chris Moyles is like marmite.

I'm 25 and I listen to Classic fm whilst I'm working most days (apart from first thing in the morning when I listen to Chris Moyles lol!
...and you're what I meant by certain type of listener. Some like him, some don't. It's all down to whether or not you get (and appreciate) his sense of humour. Nothing more
Lorna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-09-2010, 10:38 PM
Originally Posted by Pidge View Post
...and you're what I meant by certain type of listener. Some like him, some don't. It's all down to whether or not you get (and appreciate) his sense of humour. Nothing more
I agree
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >