View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
lozzibear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-09-2010, 10:37 PM
thanks everyone. i was worried about seeing her again today, but thankfully i was meeting someone before work so took Jake out earlier than normal. it meant we had a lonely walk, and then when i walked by the park to meet them i saw her walking round. surprise surprise, Rocky was still offlead!

im going to try and walk with people more, but i dont want people to feel they are committed to meeting me... i dont think it is fair incase they have other plans or anything. i have roped my bf into walking more with me which he was surprisingly happy to do (he usually only walks with us when we go away to somewhere 'special' for a walk, and not normally the park lol) but, he can only do it when he isnt at uni or work!

Originally Posted by Wysiwyg View Post
I suspect that this woman may be in denial about Rocky's behaviour - this can happen with owners of aggressive dogs. It's crazy though that she's had a police visit and is STILL keeping her dog off lead. She will be the one who ends up being the cause of her dog being put to sleep, at the end of the day, not anyone else. She has no right to blame you or indeed, anyone!

Is Rocky an amenable dog with people? If you are totally sure he is, you could try taking his collar and walking him back to his owner BUT only do this is you are absolutely sure he will not take a chunk out of you. Take care of your own safety at all times.

I would hate to have this owner and dog around - it must be very intimidating. You are doing the right thing. Stand firm and don't let her get to you - someone else said it right, she is just a bully.

Wys
x
i think she is definitely in denial... i think it can be hard to see bad in your own dog, but there comes a point when you really need to see it... and she has long past that point!

im not really sure how Rocky is with people tbh, he ignores everyone... come to think of it, ive never even stroked him, he tends to keep his distance from people. the problem is though, is that he doesnt wear a collar so there is nothing to grab on to. he also once ripped a guys jacket arms, trying to get at his dog (he had picked his dog up to stop her being attacked!) so im not sure how far he would go to get at a dog.

Originally Posted by missy01 View Post
you were totally in the right. I can't stand it when people will not take responsibility for their dogs. if they are unfriendly keep them on a lead - simple eh? Can I ask what breed is Rocky?
he is a crossbreed... definitely husky with maybe GSD, or something similar mixed in.

oh, those dogs sounds like a nightmare! some people shouldnt own a dog!
Sara
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-09-2010, 05:30 AM
I had the same problem with a stupid woman with an ACD cross. I had 2 old dogs, one was 13 and one was 15. Her dog attacked both of my dogs twice, then the last time, she attacked my uncle's Keeshond as well as my 2 the last time I saw her. the second time it happened I lost it and asked (yelled at) her why she's walking a vicious dog in an off leash park! I told her that if I ever saw her with her dog off leash again, I'd call the cops! The third time it happened, I pulled out my cell phone after lassoing the dog with my leash, and dragging it off of my dogs (none of which were fighting back, just yelping and trying to get away) I called the cops right in front of her... she took off and I dont think they got her, but she never came back to the park (I did find my leash around the corner. This dog attacked other dogs all the time, according to other dog owners there, and the stupid woman kept taking her dog down there. some people really shouldn't own dogs!

Lozzi, you really should call the police on her, Rocky is just going to keep attacking, and one day, he could do some very severe damage. If she could be made to keep the dog on a leash and/or muzzled, you will all be much safer.
mishflynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-09-2010, 07:45 AM
Originally Posted by lozzibear View Post

im not really sure how Rocky is with people tbh, he ignores everyone... come to think of it, ive never even stroked him, he tends to keep his distance from people. the problem is though, is that he doesnt wear a collar so there is nothing to grab on to.

!
Well you can have her for that, because by law the dog has to wear a ID tag!
lozzibear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-09-2010, 11:26 AM
I’m so angry and upset right now! I am just in from walking Jake, and that woman was up shouting at me again! she said that she will be calling her solicitor! i shouted back, but as soon she left I burst out crying and called my dad.

She seems to think that everything around the park being said, is coz of me… but its not! if people ask me then yes, I will talk about and there are some friends I have made in the park who I talk to about it (three of which were there when he attacked another dog, so I don’t know why she thinks it is just me! plus, there were 3 other people there as well as the 4 of us ). There is only one person I can think of who would have said to her that I have told them, which I did the other day. I only told her though, coz she was defending the owner coz she was told (by the owner) that Rocky has never so much as bitten another dog! which many people in the park, will say is not true at all. so I dunno why this is all coming back to me! so many people have come up to me and told me about it, without me saying a word… so why aren’t there getting the blame as well coz they are saying it too?

My dad said that she doesn’t have a leg to stand on, coz people have reported her dog attacking theirs. He also said I should call the police… I dunno what to do, I don’t want to make the situation worse, but I don’t think it is right that I am scared to walk my dog in the park!
Misty-Pup
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-09-2010, 11:35 AM
Phone the police.
Her shouting at you, is not on, especially as you've done nothing wrong.
By acting this way, she's just trying to hide the fact that she is the one in the wrong, and trying to get the light off her, and onto someone else, which by the sounds of it, has ended up being you.
alexandra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-09-2010, 11:47 AM
what she is doiing is intimidation and harrassment. CALL THE POLICE!!

Also, when out, use your mobile to film her.

We had to do this after a womans dog kept attacking china and i told her the police would gete involved etc and she didnt listen until i got my phone ouot and started filming. She asked what i was doing and i told it waas for evidence for the police. Now when we see her, she grabs her dog, puts it on lead and walks away......
lisa01uk87
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-09-2010, 01:19 PM
she sounds like a ****, i agree with the above CALL THE POLICE NOW, if you dont this is only going to esculate and get worse, if the police already have a record of her behaviour then the second time round it may be a warning but a 3rd and 4th time, its harrasment and putting you in a state of fear and alarm, she can be charged for these things,
please please dont hesitate about doing it, just do it, its going to be better for you in the long run
paulnjackiek
New Member!
Male 

22-09-2010, 01:35 PM
I think sometimes there is a case for muzzling the owner as well as the dog. Please don't blame yourself for this. You simply can't legislate for idiots!!
Laura-Anne
Dogsey Senior
Female 

22-09-2010, 03:06 PM
Shes harrasing you, phone the police. You shouldnt have to feel threatened every time you want to walk your dog responsibly. If you dont feel comfortable actually phoning the poloce, if she comes up to you again say you will and get out your phone. No-one has the right to speak to you the way she is. She is a bully
Anne-Marie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-09-2010, 03:25 PM
Originally Posted by Shona View Post
dont let her upset you, just put it aside and forget about her,

if she does it again, inform her that she will be getting another visit from the police, but not about her dogs behaviour but about hers....she has no right to threaten and intimidate you in a park.
Well said Shona

It beggars belief that she has a go at you after her dog showed animosity towards Oscar, then as she was arguing about him not being aggressive - low and behold it starts a fight!

Sorry, but if that dog has to be PTS, there is only one person to blame and that's herself. She clearly hasn't learned a lesson from the last time it attacked Jake has she? If she were clued-up she should have been keeping it on a lead and under control and the only words she should have had with you were to be saying sorry for what happened!

Some people just amaze me (in the worst of ways!)
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >