Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Tarimoor
Dogsey Senior
Female 

09-09-2010, 03:20 PM
Originally Posted by sarah1983 View Post
It's unbelievable isn't it? Had a hell of a lot of people ask whether he's a lurcher. The ones that ask whether he's a wolfhound get me, at 25" at the shoulder he'd be one small wolfhound. I'm guessing that's the only scruffy looking breed they know
He's obviously a MINIATURE wolfhound
sarah1983
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-09-2010, 03:22 PM
Originally Posted by Tarimoor View Post
He's obviously a MINIATURE wolfhound
Damn, I coulda made me a fortune breeding him. Why was I not told this before I had him neutered?
Tarimoor
Dogsey Senior
Female 

09-09-2010, 03:27 PM
Originally Posted by sarah1983 View Post
Damn, I coulda made me a fortune breeding him. Why was I not told this before I had him neutered?
Perhaps you can clone him??
Mother*ship
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-09-2010, 09:50 AM
Originally Posted by Velvetboxers View Post
One of these days I am going to smile sweetly and say

"Oh, they are *Icelandic Boxers* bred in Iceland for the white coats which matches the terrain over there - wicked
Do it! Do it! and then wait to see how long it is before someone says to you 'Oh those are rare Icelandic Boxers'!

Go on, you know you want to!

J.
lozzibear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-09-2010, 09:37 PM
some of these posts have made me laugh!

i wish people would guess jakes 'breed' more often, most people just ask what he is. although, someone once argued with me that he is a full BC... and ive been asked if he is a doberman x and a rottweiler!
Sara
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-09-2010, 12:36 PM
gotta love people! I get really weird looks when I tell people Mouse is a pure bred mini Dachshund... you should hear some of the stuff people say! the most common tho is, I have never seen one that colour! to which I reply "good! this is a horrible colour, as a very high percentage of dogs this colour are deaf or blind or both" to which people say "oh is she blind?" and I reply "no she's deaf, but her eyesight, while being functional, isn't perfect" THEN it starts with the "oh poor dog" routine with me convincing people that she does in fact lead a full, happy life, and no she is not suffering, and actually doesn't know she's any different... it goes on from there often wit these exact questions: Does she bark?, How do you call her? and my fav of all time: How do you know she's deaf? I have a VERY hard time NOT answering "Umm, because she cant hear" LOL the next time I see those same people, I get "oh look, it's the blind dog!" Uggh! LOL but at least everyone walks away loving my little Mouse, and learning a little bit about deaf dogs, so I dont mind answering stupid questions!
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3