View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Laura-Anne
Dogsey Senior
Female 

02-08-2010, 03:45 PM
I wish the people who abused and dumped Muffin could see her now and see how much they lost the day they decided to do such a terrible thing (they dumped her by the motor way- left for dead :@ )

Hopefully will show people the fantastic dogs you can get in rescue and draw more people to rehoming or even fostering to save some of these little dogs.
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-08-2010, 03:57 PM
I`m really glad they make and show programmes like this.... but I can`t watch it.
Pidge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-08-2010, 05:49 PM
Originally Posted by ClaireandDaisy View Post
I`m really glad they make and show programmes like this.... but I can`t watch it.
I was just about to say the same.

It breaks my heart to think of all of these poor animals being pts through no fault of their own! The oikes who caused this in the first place won't be watching it, won't be sad by it and won't do an effing thing about it. They'll all be down the pub or at the illegal dog fight they're having tonight no doubt.

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
pinklizzy
Dogsey Senior
Female 

02-08-2010, 07:52 PM
I'll be watching although it won't be easy viewing. I'm one of those people who have 'killed' dogs that can't be rehomed and although this was never something I did lightly and believe me, I cried my heart out at times,it is not the fault of the dogs or the people working in rescues like Battersea.
These dogs simply cannot cope living in rescue, Battersea's inclusive intake policy means they are always full to capacity and there will never be enough homes for them all.
Dogs with 'issues', particularly with other dogs, are left behind-becoming more and more distressed and mentally 'unhealthy' and sometimes euthanasia really is the kindest thing. It is vital to evaluate the dog's quality of life which after being messed up by owners and abandoned, some dogs just don't have.
I wish I could have saved every dog
Laura-Anne
Dogsey Senior
Female 

02-08-2010, 08:00 PM
Heartbreaking. After having to pts one of my boys couldnt watch the dog being pts :'( Hopefully will have hit home to those who have caused this crisis.
hectorsmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-08-2010, 08:03 PM
that made me cry

the root cause was highlighted by the chap who had the pups, this sort of breeding needs to be outlawed to stop the rescue problem we have in this country.

i can understand the rescues having to have these dogs PTS through sheer numbers and temperments, caused by ignorant people.
majuka
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-08-2010, 08:05 PM
Originally Posted by Laura-Anne View Post
Hopefully will have hit home to those who have caused this crisis.
You would like to think so but, as Pidge says

Originally Posted by Pidge View Post
The oikes who caused this in the first place won't be watching it, won't be sad by it and won't do an effing thing about it. They'll all be down the pub or at the illegal dog fight they're having tonight no doubt.
Very sad programme indeed.
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-08-2010, 08:06 PM
i just spent the last half hour crying my eyes out and knowing had Bruno been in battersea he would never had made it out

absolutely heartbreaking and in the same sense infuriates me,

i hope anyone sitting with their irresponsibly bred litter of pups,counting their pounds watch it and hang their head in shame
Sal
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-08-2010, 08:08 PM
Extremely difficult uncomfortable viewing,like many I know the situation is dire with SBT's and there crosses,yet we still have idiots like the guy in the film who knowingly bred from a rescue dog and like many asks no questions.
That programme has really upset me,the breeders of those dogs need to be accountable.

We really really need some sort of legislation in place to regulate breeding.
CavalierCrazy
Almost a Veteran
Female 

02-08-2010, 08:11 PM
Had to turn it over such a sad program poor dogs x
Page 3 of 14 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 13 > Last »