View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
crestnut
Dogsey Senior
Female 

30-07-2010, 10:59 PM
I have collected urine from a small bitch years ago by using a new sponge then gloves on to get the urine squeezed from sponge
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

30-07-2010, 11:35 PM
I get a piece of tinfoil and shape it into a small shallow receptacle with a handle which I hold underneath the bitch when she has started to pee. You only need a few drops .You can then squeeze the foil to form a spout and tip the urine into a sterilised spice jar
lisa01uk87
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-07-2010, 01:40 AM
gloves and the tube that was given and just hold under, i had to do this with ty once, he doesnt lift his leg so squates like a girl lol thats what my vet said to do and i got it
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-07-2010, 06:19 AM
Originally Posted by Fudgeley View Post
Been googling and the other suggestion is a sterile sponge on a stick......
Originally Posted by dreamaday View Post
My gran used to keep a seperate frying pan just for such occasions!! have also heard of baking trays too.

I once rigged up a shallow/flat washing powder scoop on the end of a stick, which worked remarkably well. The sterile sponge on a stick sounds pretty good too, you could swap it for a sterile bandage if you have a first aid kit, gripped between somelong bbq tongs!!!!!

LOL, best of luck.
Originally Posted by crestnut View Post
I have collected urine from a small bitch years ago by using a new sponge then gloves on to get the urine squeezed from sponge
Originally Posted by Minihaha View Post
I get a piece of tinfoil and shape it into a small shallow receptacle with a handle which I hold underneath the bitch when she has started to pee. You only need a few drops .You can then squeeze the foil to form a spout and tip the urine into a sterilised spice jar
Originally Posted by lisa01uk87 View Post
gloves and the tube that was given and just hold under, i had to do this with ty once, he doesnt lift his leg so squates like a girl lol thats what my vet said to do and i got it
Thanks once again all. The baking tray was a resounding failure as she's just too small. May just try the sponge or the tinfoil in a bit. I'll keep you all informed. Thanks for all your help
muttzrule
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-07-2010, 09:15 AM
We use a soup ladle here, works great!
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-07-2010, 12:24 PM
Well folks none of the above worked. I actually walked round the park with a sponge on the end of a bbq skewer!

No chance, everytime she's gone out to pee, as soon as I follow her she refuses to go

I rang the vet and explained and he said not to worry and just start the course of AB's. We can worry about the sample when the AB's are done. Hopefully that will sort the problem anyway and at lease we'll have a chance of ambushing her after she's had a week of being left alone
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3