Our sister sites
Our sister sites
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-07-2010, 12:07 PM
Originally Posted by Vicki View Post
Thanks to everyone for replying.

I shall keep an eye on her for the next 48 hours, and will whip her up the vets on Friday if there's no improvement.

She's also started scratching the carpet - also out of character (just remembered this) so there's another odd thing....... I know this is linked to false pregnancy and also dementia, and, with Mya, both are unlikely......

I don't want to alarm you further Vicki, but that is also a sign of pain, maybe she has a tummy ache or similar xxx
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-07-2010, 12:18 PM
I've just been home and was greeted warmly by the two gingers.

Mya was keen on the lunchtime treat and her level of enthusiasm was pretty normal.

I'm not convinced yet, though......
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-07-2010, 12:33 PM
Hi Vicki, sorry to hear about Mya acting a bit strange for her My guess would be having the booster and the wormer so close together, but then that's just me, I don't like shoving toxins into them so close together if I can help it, and they do say, it takes about a week or even longer for that jab to completely disappear from the injection site (hence the reason you have to keep on rubbing it to stop the possibility of that sarcoma appearing like Cassie had!). So that means it must take the same amount of time for it to do it's work??

Anyway, I'd also be inclined to give her a thorough going over through that fur, could it be a tick perhaps or something else that's bothering her stuck on her skin? I've known one of my dogs to be like this just with a bit of something stuck deep inside those fluffy trousers, honest!!! When she's all nice and quiet, get on the floor and give that coat a thorough investigation, it could be something as simple as that! I had Cassie legging it out of the room for 2 days at a time, if either of us came near her, she went off her food and everything all because of a tiny little twig caught in those fluffy pants which of course was pinching her! I hope it's something simple like this.

Having read the other symptoms, as Sheree has said, the digging at the carpet is a sign of pain could be Take her temperature if nothing else perhaps? I know what you'll be doing though Good luck with her, it's a mystery isn't it.xxx
Tillymint
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-07-2010, 12:48 PM
Poor Mya - I hope she's ok, you know her best when something is not right, If she is sensitive anyway, perhaps it could be a reaction to the wormer.
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-07-2010, 12:50 PM
Sorry to hear Mya does not seem 100%. Could be reactions to wormer/booster. I hope she improves very quickly before Friday. Keep us posted.
Hugs.
x
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-07-2010, 02:47 PM
Thanks guys.....

Aitch - I had her on the floor on Sunday giving her a good brush and a massage (I do this a lot with both of mine) and I couldn't spot anything odd.

I haven't checked her teeth and mouth, though, so will be checking those tonight.

Hopefully it's nowt, but I'm a bit of a worrier, considering past history with this breed.

Good old Roxy - she broke my duck by reaching 13.1/2, bless her.... and I'm hoping for long life for the gingers too......
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-07-2010, 03:56 PM
... and you'll GET it Vicki! I honestly think it's some kind of overload with that jab and the wormer almost together, you wait until 10 days is up from that jab and I bet you she turns right around, I'll have everything crossed for her. Try not to worry too much Vicki, and yes, check in her mouth tonight, remember that cotton bud I had stuck right across the top of Zena's mouth that time when she wouldn't eat!!!! I would never have seen that if she hadn't gone upside down for me when I was checking her mouth either, so make sure you check right up in the top too. Maybe that pork crackling has got a bit wedged between two teeth, it really could be something as simple as that! Good luck.xxx
Petticoat
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-07-2010, 04:44 PM
Aww Vicki, just caught this.... Poor Mya, is she affected by the heat at all, I know the humidity is playing havoc with my wallies... no other suggestions, just lots of ((((HUGS))))
to you both and for Lennon cos he dreamy xxx
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-07-2010, 07:25 PM
Well, I came home to a lovely welcome this evening, and have to say Mya seems pretty normal.

Baz reported that she ate her dinner normally, which is a great relief.

She had a brilliant poo in the garden - seriously "normal" - I even called Baz to have a look and almost took a photo to show you all, sad bint that I am.......

She's now upstairs sleeping

I won't be 100% happy until I see her eat normally for myself, so will give another update in the morning.

Thanks to everyone who responded - it's so good to share worries like this with like-minded people

Oh, and Claire - Lennon says thank you, and yes, he is dreamy
Toby
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-07-2010, 07:52 PM
I missed this earlier Vicki, I'm please to read she seems a lot better, maybe the wormer upset her tum and she did not want to eat, she'll be back to herself tomorrow I bet.xx
Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >