View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Magpyex
Almost a Veteran
Female 

08-07-2010, 09:58 PM
Just thought I'd update a bit. I think there is definitely something going on with Molly so we'll be going to the vets tomorrow.

She had an accident this afternoon even though she'd been out in the garden with me barely 10 minutes earlier. Then we went to training classes and she had a really rough time with all the other dogs. She usually has trouble focusing but this time something was really 'off' as she wasn't just wuffing at them and getting distracted, she was snarling which is something she's only ever done to another dog once before Then she's been quite subdued all evening and has had a bit of a funny tummy too.

Sorry it's a bit of a miserable post
Wysiwyg
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-07-2010, 10:06 PM
Poor Molly, and poor you - I hope the vet can shed some light.

I think this shows why using aversives was just not a good idea, glad you didn't feel comfortable with that

Good luck tomorrow, let us know what happens.

Wys
x
Magpyex
Almost a Veteran
Female 

08-07-2010, 10:14 PM
Originally Posted by Wysiwyg View Post
Poor Molly, and poor you - I hope the vet can shed some light.

I think this shows why using aversives was just not a good idea, glad you didn't feel comfortable with that

Good luck tomorrow, let us know what happens.

Wys
x
Thanks, I really hope they can figure out what's going on and it's not something too serious.

I'm glad people on here are so in favour of using positive methods So many people I know keep telling me to tap her with a newspaper or spray her or shock her and it just seems so backwards to me. I am much happier having a cheeky dog who trusts me than a subservient dog who thinks I'm going to punish them every 5 seconds

Anyway, thank you for the luck and for all the help you've given us! Hopefully I'll be able to update tomorrow with some happier news
Tillymint
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-07-2010, 09:21 AM
Originally Posted by Magpyex View Post
Thanks, I really hope they can figure out what's going on and it's not something too serious.

I'm glad people on here are so in favour of using positive methods So many people I know keep telling me to tap her with a newspaper or spray her or shock her and it just seems so backwards to me. I am much happier having a cheeky dog who trusts me than a subservient dog who thinks I'm going to punish them every 5 seconds

Anyway, thank you for the luck and for all the help you've given us! Hopefully I'll be able to update tomorrow with some happier news
Hope she is ok x does sound like something is not right & I agree with you about things like spraying her or hitting with a newspaper
Let us know what the vet says won't you xx
Magpyex
Almost a Veteran
Female 

10-07-2010, 05:14 PM
Just thought I'd update. Molly is doing a lot better and seems to be back to her normal self. She didn't growl at the postman today (although she was in the other room) and she hasn't been growling at people through the window either

I'm still keeping her appointment at the vets for next week though as I want to make sure it was just a blip & wasn't down to anything being wrong with her!

Thanks again for all the help!
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3