But he truely believed his stories

btw I remember my granny reading me the book, I don't remember it
Never read the book, but saw the film
Emma
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-06-2010, 03:13 PM
Originally Posted by Tupacs2legs View Post
..... what is a 'walter mittie' ? (blush blush)
So glad you asked that I thought it was another continent barrier
It is weird being on the other side of the world, and being part of this forum, at times I wonder, how different doggy stuff is over there to here, but I have had the opportunity to cyber meet some people I really like and would have a hard time walking away, as I do genuinely care.
As for the other forum stuff I think I have felt a bit of what everyone has said, it changes, but in whole I am still here and some days I really like it others...well not so much
aerolor
Almost a Veteran
Female 

26-06-2010, 03:14 PM
Oh Kruiswalker, I recognise what you are saying - its all so very true. I like your analogies, but how can you not watch Eastenders
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

26-06-2010, 03:20 PM
Not depressed no, bored would probably be a better description for me but I think like anything else if you pop in regularly it all gets a bit like groundhog day but new members are constantly joining so the same questions will come up again and again and again.
I just ration how much I come on here these days, I have other interests besides dogs, shocking but true but tbh most forums whatever the interest are pretty similar.
inkliveeva
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-06-2010, 04:02 PM
Originally Posted by Lou View Post
There have been a couple of times where I've thought, this place isn't doing my mental health any good....But I do keep coming back cause I like to know how everyone's doing
Thats the thing isn't it, you find youself thinking about peeps here on Dogsey, because some can be so supportive and that stays with us xx

The Bullie friends I have on the Bullie forums are very open about the breed, we share a lot of experiences to do with health issues ect ect, very open and honest, its good to have so many people know the breed and are able to give the best possible advice x
littlewolf
Dogsey Senior
Female 

26-06-2010, 05:57 PM
I tend not to contribute but read and roll my eyes a lot. I've never actually looked for another doggie type forum so don't know if dogsey is any worse than anywhere else.
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-06-2010, 06:27 PM
Forgive me for butting in here, but I don't think Mo meant any harm in what she said when she mentioned people posting about how their old, dearly loved pets are becoming ill. Sounds to me like she just meant it was really sad to hear, which obviously it is, as she has known about these pets for quite a while now.

I know what you mean Mo, but I really only read the threads that I'm interested in (but I don't have time to read them all!) and avoid the ones I don't (most of the time ). Although sometimes some threads annoy the hell out of me and I just have to have my say!

I probably don't post as much as I did in the past, but I just have more on the go just now and I'm working more hours at work. Also, the weather has been too good not to enjoy as well!
Velvetboxers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-06-2010, 06:28 PM
Well i come on most days altho im on several breed forums too. I wouldnt say any one forums better than the other but must admit like the difference of having so many different breeds/types on dogsey. Plus there is always a very strong element of "caring" - you can differ with someone & it gets quite heated, yet when you need help or advice everyone comes together.

Sometimes you just have to agree to differ cos you know its a forum of dog lovers & everyone wants only the best for not only their own, but other dogs!
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-06-2010, 06:59 PM
Originally Posted by Nippy View Post
This is the one thing that bores me with forums. It's happening more these days. They must have very sad lives and very good memories to remember what they have written before (although as we see they are often caught out )
The summer has been so good so far this year that the sun is luring me outside
Of numerous forums that I have been a member of in the past, Dogsey is the one that has kept me interested. The one where my friends are
Very good memories LOL, which they don't thats why they trip themselves up
Originally Posted by Tupacs2legs View Post
..... what is a 'walter mittie' ? (blush blush)
Originally Posted by Nippy View Post
Lol The Secret life of Walter Mitty was a book by James Thurber about a man who daydreamed and lived in a world of make-believe......sound familiar???
What Nippy said Tupacs2legs,
tokiayla
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-06-2010, 07:30 PM
I'm on a few GSD forums, but I have to say, I like Dogsey best . I prefer that it is any breed - I love dogs so I like looking at pics and learning about different breeds. I thought I would always be a GSD person, but a few breeds have caught my eye since I've been on here, so who knows??!!
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >