Our sister sites
Our sister sites
alexandra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-06-2010, 09:11 PM
Originally Posted by jesterjenn View Post
I didn't realise so many people on here were pregnant

I'm 27 weeks gone today, so am due on the 18th September with our first. I'll be watching this thread like a hawk as I'm very interested in a water birth as I feel much more relaxed in and around water
Congratulations! You are due on my 1st wedding anniversary!
jesterjenn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-06-2010, 09:14 PM
Originally Posted by Brundog View Post
congrats - its certainly a busy year !!!
Originally Posted by alexandra View Post
Congratulations! You are due on my 1st wedding anniversary!
Thank you

How are all you pregnant ladies coping with your dog(s)?

I'm finding it really hard with my two as Harley is still at the age where he is on separate walks to Jess, so I'm having to walk twice as far and for twice as long, and it's cripling me. Hubby isn't helping (but he has said he will start as my breathing is getting much worse the further on I get) at the mo, so just wondering how others are coping.
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-06-2010, 09:16 PM
I didn't realise so many people on here were pregnant

I'm 27 weeks gone today, so am due on the 18th September with our first. I'll be watching this thread like a hawk as I'm very interested in a water birth as I feel much more relaxed in and around water
Congratulations - how are you doing?

Originally Posted by alexandra View Post
They do, and all their midwives are trained in water births apparently. Its the main hospital for the area so they ahave all the facilities, even aromatherapy!
I'd probably try to book it then, it sounds great. If there were any problems, you could be monitored and/or moved quickly.

I thought I'd like to be at home but we were back to back and the decelerations became worrying and then the ventouse thing broke twice so although I hated that I had a section, I ended up glad I'd opted to go to hospital because it could have ended up risking the baby. That's just me though, doesn't mean it would happen to anyone else.
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-06-2010, 09:16 PM
Thank you

I'm finding it really hard with my two as Harley is still at the age where he is on separate walks to Jess, so I'm having to walk twice as far and for twice as long, and it's cripling me. Hubby isn't helping (but he has said he will start as my breathing is getting much worse the further on I get) at the mo, so just wondering how others are coping.
well to be honest, Bruno is now 9 and in current heat is quite happy with a wee jaunt round the block and thats literally all he has been getting for about 2 months, and then hubby walks him late at night and then he gets offlead at weekends.

I just cant walk too far, my little angel is really low and very uncomfortable in fact her head was engaged two weeks ago, so I am waddling already at 32- almost 33 weeks, and I just cannot cope with too much walking.

We do have a good sized garden so he is happy having a mooch out there most of the day...
alexandra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-06-2010, 09:17 PM
Thank you

Luckily China has about 30-40 mins walk a day but as i can only raelly manage half her walk and it takes me twice as long, Hubby takes her mainly. He is on shift work and she has been so good about it! she doesnt pester me and pretty much waits until hubby is home and then goes mad!

He takes her probably 4-5 times a week for a good 40-50 min walk at a good pace which seriously tires her out whereas i take her for a mooch for half an hour (a route which ordinarily would take 15 mins) as i just cant walk that far with my hips now!
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-06-2010, 09:22 PM
Thank you

I'm coping okay thanks, still doing the same hikes. The only thing I'm having to watch is Loki when he pulls, so I bring along the halter and pop it on him when he ignores my yelling - I mean requests - to stop pulling me. Actually the other thing is the frequent need to go to the loo. Luckily we walk in the countryside, so lots of bushes and trees.
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-06-2010, 09:23 PM
Originally Posted by Lucky Star View Post
Actually the other thing is the frequent need to go to the loo. Luckily we walk in the countryside, so lots of bushes and trees.
thats my main problem with longer walks !!! and unfortunately we are mostly urban walks - dont think that would go down too well with the locals !!! LOL
alexandra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-06-2010, 09:25 PM
thats my main problem with longer walks !!! and unfortunately we are mostly urban walks - dont think that would go down too well with the locals !!! LOL
Ha ha! i could just imagine the looks on my neighbours faces! i see so many out on the walks as so many down our road have dogs!
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-06-2010, 09:26 PM
If you ended up in court I'm sure every pregnant woman in the country would give evidence in your favour! Seriously, I've been like this since day 1!
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-06-2010, 09:28 PM
Originally Posted by Lucky Star View Post
If you ended up in court I'm sure every pregnant woman in the country would give evidence in your favour! Seriously, I've been like this since day 1!
yep me too, according to the midwife its just a case of second time round, everything is much lower, looser and muscles are not what they were.
I am in danger when I sneeze - its really not good !!!! LOL
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >