Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Wysiwyg
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-03-2010, 10:18 AM
Originally Posted by kcjack View Post
The behaviourist was Denise Nettle we have contacted her and she said she believed him to be "dangerous" which after a 20 minutes assessment makes me want to throw up.
Well, I can't understand it. She must have thought something was very worrying to suggest this. Also she sometimes gets a police dog instructor to assess dogs so perhaps he had an input. But other than that i have no idea. It just seems so strange.
We obviously deal with many many people so we get lots of feed back and it seems many behaviourists do a quick course then start dealing with dogs they dont have a clue about.
Yes, many do. She's not one of them though, so again all I can think of is that she was very concerned about something she saw, but other than that can't comment really as it's not fair and I wasn't there obviously ...

Sadly some owners don't stick to plans or follow what they've been told and blame the trainer or behaviourist when things go wrong, it's par for the course but is pretty unpleasant. Thankfully I've not had it yet but I await the day
We are so lucky we have a fab behaviourist but she was at Crufts judging so wasnt around but is now and herself is seething that this little boy was nearly pts.
Small world, and - kind of interesting! I know the person you mention from years back when she was in Belgians. We used to walk our dogs together.Thing is, she has also suggested pts for a dog who IMHO was fine! and has done some things I'd not do! So all is not as clear cut as we'd like it to be, in dogs and especially working as a person who may be sued or whatever, I guess.

Wys
x
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3