View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
tillytheterrier
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-03-2010, 08:33 PM
Would be a frenchie for me to. Saw them in discover dogs at crufts and they really do seem like lovely little dogs.
Petticoat
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-03-2010, 08:48 PM
Well I go for the Griffon Bruxillois!! Then the Boston, Frenchie, Pug...
Moli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-03-2010, 08:51 PM
Love both, The Frenchie and the Boston...
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-03-2010, 10:04 PM
Originally Posted by x-clo-x View Post
well thats what i was looking for, a dog that still has a big personality but isnt as big as a boxer would be. yeah the cresteds like their walks alot and with hairless precautions need to be taken in the summer so i dont think it would be much worse with taking precautions for a frenchie.

i cant decide which one yet, i think truthfully its out of the frenchie and the pug but the boston just got added in because i liked the look of them at crufts. a frenchie makes me smile every time i see one

pictures of lola would be good
You'll definitely get character with a Frenchie!

I've only ever had experience with one, but he's left an impression on my mind. He was such a loveable dog yet so full of fun and character, a true clown!

For me personally I'd go for the Boston, then the Frenchie, then the Pug - this is based purely on preference for looks with health in mind. For personality I'd pick the Frenchie everytime, but I have no experience with any of the other breeds tbh.

Not much help really!
muttzrule
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-03-2010, 07:28 AM
I love the frenchie personality, and they seem to be healthier on the whole than Bostons and Pugs. So Frenchie number one, then pug then boston.
kathy
Dogsey Junior
Female 

21-03-2010, 07:51 PM
I would suggest that you try to visit someone who owns the three different breeds you are interested in and spend time with the adults and see which you feel you could live with. I have never owned pugs but have had Frenchies and now have two Boston Terriers.I do feel personally that the Boston is the healthiest of the two breeds but I love both With Frenchies it isn't just the normal health issues associated with the dwarf breeds but the dreaded haematoma.Whenever you look at a family group of Frenchies there will usually be at least a couple with a floppy ear due to haematoma,they just appear out of the blue.I also find that I haven't been as restricted in the summer as the Boston's seem to tolerate the heat better.JMO though and I hope whichever you decide is right for you you will have loads of fun with as both breeds are clowns. I do fostering for Frenchie Welfare still and both breeds get on well together
maxine
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-03-2010, 08:13 PM
This is my friend's rescue Pug, Cino. He is the most athletic toy dog I have ever met as he walks with us for up to 2 hours, just trotting along behind. He snuffles a bit which is quite endearing but copes with all types of weather, hot or cold. I'd vote for a Pug.

littlewolf
Dogsey Senior
Female 

21-03-2010, 08:24 PM
Originally Posted by ClaireandDaisy View Post
I`d have a German Shepherd
I'm with you. Wee dogs do nothing for me.
maxine
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-03-2010, 08:39 PM
Originally Posted by littlewolf View Post
I'm with you. Wee dogs do nothing for me.

I used to think that until I got a rescue Yorkie x Scottie for my son in 1997. What a cracking little personality she was! My friend's intrepid Pug, Cino is also a great ambassador for ickle dogs.
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3